Starting out with bobs mods.

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

Hiekie
Inserter
Inserter

Starting out with bobs mods.

Post by Hiekie »

A question on starting out with playing bobs..

In an earliuer thread i mentioned that bobs in it's complete version (everything enabled) made me go crazy and stop playing.

I don't know if any of you players know Krastotio 2, this mods is an overhaul but doesn't add so much new stuff that i got lost in it.
I managed to play it to its end and it was really a fun addition.

But because i simnply LOVE Factorio and its community (Tries Satisfactory to, but wow, i hate that community, Expecially against players like me, whe need things a little less complex) i returned to Factorio and played KRastiotio several times.

Can anyone help me (is it possibble? ) to set up Bobs like it gives a same amount of expansions as Krastiorio does? (Krastorio gives about 35 new buildings , 100 new recipes (including thje new sciensce structure, which consists off 10 + tech cards. and 3 new minable ores and 1 new type of water (Mineral Water, pumped by a Water pumpjack)
it also adds 8 types of gasses, (which are nade from 4 " core gas products" , combinin a gas with water gives an other product, which then is used and mixed with another gas to a new product. or combining 2 gasses to give a new usable gas)

Can bobs be configured like using only 3 or 4 new ores.. some new recipes ?

When i then finish the game then want to increase it some to expand the experience and working up to finsih bobs in its complete package some day ?

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Starting out with bobs mods.

Post by bobingabout »

I've not played Krastorio. I kind of avoid it because of the way he changes things internally for no reason (EG, just renaming vanilla stuff, even though it changes nothing) to break other mods.

I have been planning a few changes that I haven't gotten around to yet, like rewriting science packs.

in any case, you can change quite a few things in settings, or choose not to install certain mods.
if you find things too complex, Electronics is probably one I'd recommend to not install, it does make the early game considerably more complex.
As for the quantity of ores, well, you either have them all, or none of them, there's not much of an inbetween. You however (and this is the default) do not need cobalt ore, as you can get the required cobalt oxide from other means. (from copper)

if you have any questions about any other specific things that you don't like, I can offer guidance, just listing how many of each thing Krastorio has doesn't really help me figure out exactly what it is you want.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

ptx0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Starting out with bobs mods.

Post by ptx0 »

Hiekie wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:13 pm
Can bobs be configured like using only 3 or 4 new ores.. some new recipes ?
you could add Omnimatter! :D

Return to “Bob's mods”