GUIDE: get the "There is no spoon"-achievement like a real man, on 100% default settings!

Post about Let's plays and streams.
mikehendi
Inserter
Inserter

GUIDE: get the "There is no spoon"-achievement like a real man, on 100% default settings!

Post by mikehendi »

Would you like to get the "There is no spoon"-achievement like a real man, on 100% default settings? (Biters ON, default resources)

In the past months I've been designing, refining and optimizing a step-by-step guide, defining a build order that will work on most to all default maps on default settings.

The guide is now finished, and has a good margin of error built in: I can launch in under 6 hours strictly following the guide, and I'm pretty bad at fast/accurate building. I believe this guide is suitable for all players past the absolute beginner stage (if you try it out, let me know how it went, and if any step was not clear enough)

I'm making a well-edited and scripted video series out of it (100% to the point content, not a 90% blah 10% play let's play).

Next to the video, i've put the guide in an excel document which is available for download, as well as the map seed if you want to play on the same map as in the video (recommended).

Even if you're not going for the achievement, you will probably learn a bunch of neat tricks you didn't know about, and you can still use it as a guide to launch your first rocket in general.

The second part is out today, and I'm aiming at 3 more weekly releases for both the video and the written guide.

If you want to give it a try, start a new map and play along!

https://youtu.be/LSyrbPsnNGo

Return to “Videos”