Public server with racial slur in the description

Discussions related to the forums itself. Call for moderators. Trash Posts area.
jvaler
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Public server with racial slur in the description

Post by jvaler »

While looking for a multiplayer game, I found this one that has a racial slur in the description. I was told to report it here from the Factorio discord, but couldn't find a good place to. So the first half of this post is pointing out that there is no place on the fourms to report this kind of thing.The second half now is the actual report. Attached is the screenshot showing the server in question with the slur. Don't really know what to do about it...
factoriomultiplayerreport.PNG
factoriomultiplayerreport.PNG (107.15 KiB) Viewed 2909 times

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: No category for reporting.

Post by Koub »

I understand your report, and indeed, there is no "right" place on this forum to report such things, probably because :
1) Multiplayer arrived way after the forum was created
2) Let's be honest : I've seen requests for moderation on the backers list (from where some buildings take their name), mod names or descriptions, and now from server comments.

I don't know what are the devs' limits but there are just too many things that could hold offensive text to moderate them all. So don't expect the whole universe to be moderated free from offensive things.

I'll be leaving your thread here, because indeed, I don't see a place where these reports would belong.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Public server with racial slur in the description

Post by Jap2.0 »

Yeah, the only things I can think of other than here are support@factorio.com (or whatever the email is), or pinging one of the devs on discord (although that goes out the window if it was one of them who told you to post here).
There are 10 types of people: those who get this joke and those who don't.

jvaler
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by jvaler »

Jap2.0 wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:12 am
Yeah, the only things I can think of other than here are support@factorio.com (or whatever the email is), or pinging one of the devs on discord (although that goes out the window if it was one of them who told you to post here).
Yeah, IronCartographer sent me here.

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadlock989 »

jvaler wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:18 pm
That's no dev, just some bloke off the internet.

The internet is crammed full of unspeakably vile people and multiplayer Factorio is absolutely not an exception. I recommend not to browse random games at all but seek out and bookmark some decent communities of players - there are several of them, e.g. Redmew, Comfy - and stick with those or single player.

You won't get much support with hate speech here.

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Jap2.0 »

jvaler wrote:
Jap2.0 wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:12 am
Not quite a random bloke, but also not a dev. You can try pinging one of the devs in discord (at least one of them are usually on there), although I can't tell you for sure what the best thing to do would be. (Asking one of them would probably get you an answer. Probably.)
There are 10 types of people: those who get this joke and those who don't.

brunzenstein
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by brunzenstein »

ignoring is the right path . anything else is a multiplicator and not helpful at all.
to say the least...

jvaler
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by jvaler »

Deadlock989 wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:43 pm
jvaler wrote:
That's no dev, just some bloke off the internet.

The internet is crammed full of unspeakably vile people and multiplayer Factorio is absolutely not an exception. I recommend not to browse random games at all but seek out and bookmark some decent communities of players - there are several of them, e.g. Redmew, Comfy - and stick with those or single player.

You won't get much support with hate speech here.
That's if factorio was a toxic community, which it isn't really.

Return to “This Forum”