Combination of Crafting and Logistics Menu

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

ichVII
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Combination of Crafting and Logistics Menu

Post by ichVII »

Your assumptions may be true for vanilla, but just arent for mods. Bobs+angels regulary has more then 5 recipes that can output one item. Hiding all of these in some submenu that looks really awful to use is a bad plan.

If you want to be technical and list all recipes having this item as part of the output, you have the "empty barrel" item even in vanilla, that has one recipe for emptying each kind of fluid barrel. Such submenus sound like a really inconvenient clusterfuck.

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Optera »

Illiou wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 11:06 pm
What if the crafting menu showed items instead of recipes? If an item has mutiple recipes that make it, they can just be shown in a little submenu after clicking the item. I made a mockup of how that could look:
That looks great.
Especially when mods add several ways to produce something that way you'd see at a glance how to produce something.

Illiou
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Illiou »

ichVII wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:54 am
Your assumptions may be true for vanilla, but just arent for mods. Bobs+angels regulary has more then 5 recipes that can output one item. Hiding all of these in some submenu that looks really awful to use is a bad plan.

If you want to be technical and list all recipes having this item as part of the output, you have the "empty barrel" item even in vanilla, that has one recipe for emptying each kind of fluid barrel. Such submenus sound like a really inconvenient clusterfuck.
I haven't played bobs+angels, but to me these sound more like arguments for grouping by item. I suspect you have a fiddly implementation in mind, of course it would depend on an implementation with good user experience.
But if you have a more specific use case in mind that would suffer, feel free to elaborate.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”