Copy-Paste orientation for liquid entrance

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Nova
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Copy-Paste orientation for liquid entrance

Post by Nova »

Should the copy-and-paste behavior also save the orientation of an assember for the liquid entrance? Please discuss this idea and if it is generally accepted, the devs could implement it.
Greetings, Nova.
Factorio is one of the greatest games I ever played, with one of the best developers I ever heard of.

GewaltSam
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Copy-Paste orientation for liquid entrance

Post by GewaltSam »

Sure. It's a pretty small annoyance, but I don't see a reason why it shouldn't be that way. Can't be too hard to add, also, can it? :)
+1 from me, good sir!

Boogieman14
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Boogieman14 »

I'm against this idea. I tend to put down all the infrastructure, including pipes and connections, first and only set recipes after. Besides, pipe orientation is probably different as often as it is identical (I often put a pipe inbetween two assemblers, so then the inputs are facing each other and copy-pasting it would only mess things up).
I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's the same, but with the letters in the correct order.

Nova
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Nova »

Yeah Boogieman14, that was exactly why I reworded the question from "please change it" into "should we change it?". :D
Greetings, Nova.
Factorio is one of the greatest games I ever played, with one of the best developers I ever heard of.

bowlerman
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[QOL] Improve copying fluid recipes into assemblers

Post by bowlerman »

TL;DR
Make assemblers use the orientation of the original assembler when copying fluid recipes into assemblers without a fluid recipe.

What ?
Shift + left clicking fluid recipes onto an assembler without a recipe should give the orientation of the original to the assembler. Right now it uses the internal orientation of the assembly machine. For a newly placed assembly machine this is always with fluid input facing north and fluid output facing south, no matter the orientation of your cursor. This can make it tedious to avoid fluid mixing when placing assemblers.
Why ?
As things are it is tedious to place fluid assemblers. You either have to make sure to place the assemblers before the pipes or have to copy paste using Ctrl c, Ctrl v and then place the assembler afterwards. Here are some examples of other people dealing with this issue:
https://old.reddit.com/r/factorio/comme ... assembler/
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=75076

ickputzdirwech
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ickputzdirwech »

[ick] Merged two posts about copy pasting orientation of assembling machines with fluid inputs.
Mods: Shortcuts for 1.1, ick's Sea Block, ick's vanilla tweaks
Tools: Atom language pack
Text quickly seems cold and unfriendly. Be careful how you write and interpret what others have written.
- A reminder for me and all who read what I write

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”