Save/Load (import/export) everything (Persistent Logistic requests, hotbar, inventory filters, equipment grid...)

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

NotRexButCaesar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Save/Load (import/export) everything (Persistent Logistic requests, hotbar, inventory filters, equipment grid...)

Post by NotRexButCaesar »

Enhanced topic for better search — ssilk
More keywords: power armor store restore

This topic has a lot of “hairs” :) : there are several other topics that explain parts of this topic, as

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=65549 Quickbar export/import
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=72692 Auto trash settings export/import
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=65549 [0.17.x] Save and Load Quickbar Layouts like blueprints
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=67947 [0.17] Global hotbars - Decouple hotbars from specific saves
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=90930 Persistent toolbar and logistics settings
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=86210 logistics requests: mirror the crafting windows
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=96352 Three Personal Logistics improvements - save/restore, move, and highlighting
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=99982 Personal logistic profiles

... and more, plz report in thread ...

Because this is the most general idea of them and I think it has a lot of gameplay-value, I would like and hope 8-) to have this topic as a future collector of these ideas.
— ssilk

When starting a new game or joining a server, preferences such as logistic requests, hotbar settings, and inventory filters are forgotten. These must all be reset, and if one changes saves often, it becomes quite tedious. I propose that these things (inventory filters, logistics requests, and hotbar settings for both the player and spidertron) be exportable as strings so that we may be saved the tedium of re-entering those values often.
Last edited by NotRexButCaesar on Tue Mar 02, 2021 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
—Crevez, chiens, si vous n'étes pas contents!

Sakari119
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Import/Export inventory filters, ect

Post by Sakari119 »

TL;DR
A method of importing and exporting the filters of the inventory similar to blueprint stings and an option to set a string as the default when making/joining a new world.
What ?
A system similar to the current blueprint sting that allows the creation, exporting, importing and sharing of inventory settings such as filters, quickbar settings, shortcut settings, and logistic requests. This could be implemented like a new planner eg "inventory planner" that could be stored in the blueprint library and shared like blueprints would. The system could handle modded changes similar to how the state on the inventory changes (size, logistics researched or not, and modded items.) buy removing offending filters.

There could also be a default string that is applied automatically when joining a world/making a new world through a setting in the interface category.
Why ?
This will allow for having more complex and standardised inventory with inventory filters, quickbar filters, shortcut filters, and logistic requests.
This will streamline; switching between tasks that need a specific logistics setup and quickbar, reducing the amount of time having to spend on setting filters, and switching worlds for testing, multiplayer, and helping other people on their worlds.

Note: This is only a rough idea and some basic theorising on how such an implementation should work.

PowderedWater
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Export/Import Logistics Network Config and Hotbar Congfigs as strings

Post by PowderedWater »

Please, after setting up logistics network on the 34830248320423th new map, constant recreating hotbars is tedious. Let us export these settings as a string, or maybe even let us keep them in a blueprint book.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Save/Load (import/export) everything (Persistent Logistic requests, hotbar, inventory filters, equipment grid...)

Post by Koub »

[Koub] Merged into older thread with a collection of links with same and similar suggestions.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

TheDash
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Remember personal logistics settings

Post by TheDash »

TL;DR
Personal logistics settings take too long to configure and should be persistable between games.
What ?
Whenever I finally research logistics robots, the first thing I have to do is set up my autotrash/logistic request settings.
I always set it up the same. This is tedious as there are many items to add/configure and sometimes I forget some.
There should be a one click option to load settings. Perhaps a checkbox/slide toggle that, when ticked, loads saved settings and, while ticked, any changes are saved for future.
Why ?
Quality of life, avoid tedious tasks in late game

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Save/Load (import/export) everything (Persistent Logistic requests, hotbar, inventory filters, equipment grid...)

Post by Koub »

[Koub] Merged into older thread with similar and more general suggestion.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

TheDash
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by TheDash »

In the same vein, Alt mode should persist when starting a new game or loading a save game, rather than defaulting to off.
And size of landfill/concrete placement should persist within a save game rather than resetting on load.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”