[0.12] Bugs, crashes & other issues

The raillayer; must have, if you want to play with railway.

Moderator: Choumiko

mreadshaw
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [0.12] Bugs, crashes & other issues

Post by mreadshaw »

So I've started a new save, just started laying rail and have a new issue..

FARL is saving the blueprints and loading them just fine but as soon as I start with any blueprint loaded I get the error;

"Deactivated: Number of straight and diagonal tracks do not match"

If I don't use a blueprint FARL can lay single track just fine. I've tried reinstalling from steam and it didn't help. I'm going to try deleting everything related to factorio and try completely fresh but any suggestions would be appreciated.

EDIT: Yup, deleted everything, including AppData/Factorio folder and reinstalled. Consoled the needed equipment and I'm getting that same error. "Deactivated: Number of straight and diagonal tracks do not match"

EDIT2: Opps, Figured this out. Just a lack of testing on my part.

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

mreadshaw wrote:I made a new scenario though and put everything I'd need in a box and it worked fine. I tried this with my mods and without and FARL worked both times.. Very strange, something about my specific save I guess. I'll start a new one and hope it isn't something that happens once you are farther into the game.If you want more info let me know.
That's really odd. You can try disabling FARL, load the save, save it, enable FARl and loading the save again. You'll loose the FARL locomotives but then it should be like FARL is added the first time. If that doesn't work i can take a look at it myself if you upload the save.

bewe3
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by bewe3 »

Hey Chuomiko,

I'm playing in Sandbox mode so maybe that's the issue... but I have empty blueprints in my hotbar, and I have the template down, but it says it can't find an empty blueprint. Is Sandbox mode the reason it won't work?
Attachments
Screen Shot 2016-12-08 at 21.44.53.png
Screen Shot 2016-12-08 at 21.44.53.png (2.82 MiB) Viewed 8688 times

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

bewe3 wrote:Hey Chuomiko,

I'm playing in Sandbox mode so maybe that's the issue... but I have empty blueprints in my hotbar, and I have the template down, but it says it can't find an empty blueprint. Is Sandbox mode the reason it won't work?
Yes, sandbox was the reason. In sandbox FARL checked the main inventory instead of the hotbar. I had a TODO in the code for 0.13, seems i forgot it :mrgreen: Should be fixed with the latest version

PantherX
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by PantherX »

Getting a FARL error on 0.15.9 about a bad argument. Not sure if it's something new in this base version or not but FARL was working fine in 0.15.6 and earlier without any errors. This is using v1.0.0 of FARL. Not sure what could be causing this? Screenshot of the error: Image

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

Did you change anything in the FARL blueprints? Some modded poles or something? (Screenshot/string of the blueprints would be nice)
Can't reproduce it with vanilla items.

I updated FARL to print the name of the item it's trying to find when the error would have occured. It probably will fail a bit later but at least should give me enough info to fix it.

PantherX
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by PantherX »

Ah thanks, you pointed me in the right direction. I was copying a blueprint from my Blueprint Library that had a modded item that isn't in my current game! FARL was obviously getting confused trying to reference this entity when it doesn't exist. Silly me! :roll:

silentdeth
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by silentdeth »

I'm having trouble getting the rail layer to add red and green wires to the poles. I'm not using any modded poles, wires, nor rails. I want to lay a section of 12 lane track with 3 sets of power poles, with 3 separate pairs of wires. At first it only connected 1 pair of poles together with wires, then none. After that I tried changing the blueprint, using, in order, a full section of track from pole to pole including the wires, a couple of track per lane, and just the poles and signals, a full section of track with just one set of poles, a single pole with a couple of track per lane, none of this has worked.

I'm only attempting this on straight sections.

Also, would it be possible to add a non-destructive maintenance mode? I have a lot of combinators build between my rails, and upgrading them would removing the wiring.

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

silentdeth wrote:I'm having trouble getting the rail layer to add red and green wires to the poles. I'm not using any modded poles, wires, nor rails. I want to lay a section of 12 lane track with 3 sets of power poles, with 3 separate pairs of wires. At first it only connected 1 pair of poles together with wires, then none. After that I tried changing the blueprint, using, in order, a full section of track from pole to pole including the wires, a couple of track per lane, and just the poles and signals, a full section of track with just one set of poles, a single pole with a couple of track per lane, none of this has worked.
FARL picks the pole with the highest wire reach distance in the blueprint as the main pole, between those the wire connections are made. If you have multiple poles of the same type in the blueprint the main pole is somewhat randomely chosen (i think the upper and left most in the blueprint)

As long as you have enough red/green wires in the train it should connect fine. If you need 3 seperate circuit networks the best option at the moment is to make a 4 lane track layout and drive the section of track 3 times
silentdeth wrote:Also, would it be possible to add a non-destructive maintenance mode? I have a lot of combinators build between my rails, and upgrading them would removing the wiring.
There are a few issues on my list already (https://github.com/Choumiko/FARL/issues) regarding maintenance mode. I guess being able to white/blacklist the things you want to get removed should be possible.

Ruben_NL
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Ruben_NL »

Bug with "auto drive":
The bug
The bug
Knipsel.PNG (1.05 MiB) Viewed 8481 times
when you do create a loop, and try to bulldozer it, the game freezes fully.(using v0.15.10)

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

A loop creating a infinite loop :D

Fixed in the latest update

xinael
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by xinael »

Hey,

I'm getting an error when I press the S button on the UI with FARL. The bottom error is the one when I press S - the top one is what it says if I press Save Settings.

Let me know if you need any debug information!

Thanks

EDIT: I was testing to see if mod incompatibility was the cause, so I disabled half my mod list and the error went away. Then I disabled that half and enabled the other half of my mod list, and the error still didn't appear. Then I re-enabled the first half of my mod list and the error never came back. So weird.

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

Yes, i made a few mistakes with updating the necessary data :D

Should be fixed in the latest version (1.0.7).

Known issues:
When activating FARL on a different rail type than the one currently selected it won't start. Move FARL all the way to the end of the track and start again. This will be fixed in the next release (1.0.8)

Shokubai
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Shokubai »

FARL train doesn't seem to adjust speed based on Fuel type. The module FARL does.

FARL doesn't know how to handle Red Stone entities causing it to stop.

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

Shokubai wrote:FARL train doesn't seem to adjust speed based on Fuel type. The module FARL does.
With cruise control enabled and FARL laying tracks? That is a known enhancement that needs changing (https://github.com/Choumiko/FARL/issues/74)
When driving without cruise control keep in mind that FARL has a lower max speed than normal locomitves (172.x km/h with fuel that doesn't increase max speed i believe)
Shokubai wrote:FARL doesn't know how to handle Red Stone entities causing it to stop.
Will be fixed soon, thanks for the report

Shokubai
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Shokubai »

Choumiko wrote:
Shokubai wrote:FARL train doesn't seem to adjust speed based on Fuel type. The module FARL does.
With cruise control enabled and FARL laying tracks? That is a known enhancement that needs changing (https://github.com/Choumiko/FARL/issues/74)
When driving without cruise control keep in mind that FARL has a lower max speed than normal locomitves (172.x km/h with fuel that doesn't increase max speed i believe)
Shokubai wrote:FARL doesn't know how to handle Red Stone entities causing it to stop.
Will be fixed soon, thanks for the report
Not on cruise though glad that's changing but I like it at times because it keeps me from overrunning a planned turn.

Driving A-B on completed rail from one part of the base to another. Whats the purpose/justification for the lower speed?

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

Shokubai wrote:Driving A-B on completed rail from one part of the base to another. Whats the purpose/justification for the lower speed?
I can't remember exactly. I think it was some weak attempt at balancing the "cheatiness" and maybe even to partially hide the performance issues FARL had (and still has) :D

I just fixed the issue with the red dessert rocks, and found out that FARL added way more stone for the normal rocks all the time. Currently it kills the rock in a way that drops it's loot as if mining by hand, inserts a flat 15 stone per rock and then picks up the stone the killing dropped..
The next update will give you half of the items you'd get from mining by hand (+/- the randomness of the red dessert rocks)

Shokubai
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Shokubai »

Choumiko wrote:
Shokubai wrote:Driving A-B on completed rail from one part of the base to another. Whats the purpose/justification for the lower speed?
I can't remember exactly. I think it was some weak attempt at balancing the "cheatiness" and maybe even to partially hide the performance issues FARL had (and still has) :D

I just fixed the issue with the red dessert rocks, and found out that FARL added way more stone for the normal rocks all the time. Currently it kills the rock in a way that drops it's loot as if mining by hand, inserts a flat 15 stone per rock and then picks up the stone the killing dropped..
The next update will give you half of the items you'd get from mining by hand (+/- the randomness of the red dessert rocks)
pshhh "cheatiness"? You mean the invisible nanobot swam following the train that disintegrates and materializes matter isn't a thing?

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

I made a test last year, experimenting with normal construction robots: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/96902653

Driving manually i found the constant building sound "slightly" annoying and the speed you could go at was so slow that you might as well not use FARL but blueprints instead.
Once the Autopilot feature is complete i might reconsider it, but that's gonna be a while :D

TwistedSoul
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by TwistedSoul »

Hello,

FARL 1.0.9 seems to have issues with angelspetrochem or angelsrefining,

Versions:
FARL 1.0.9
Petrochem 0.5.8
Refining 0.7.12

Disabling either Petro Chem or FARL seems to fix the issue even though the crash is in Angels Refining.

Causes

Code: Select all

attempt to index local "parent" (a nil value)
in angelsrefining_0.7.12/prototypes/override-functions.lua:395 on start up.

Code: Select all

local function adjust_subtable (parent, subtable, substitution_type)
      local st = parent[subtable]
If you need more details, I'll try and provide them. Should I let Arch666Angel know too?

Return to “F.A.R.L”