(0.13.4) MoCombat 0.6.0

Some mods covering weather, texture packs, transport, wind-turbine, reactor, interesting weapons and defense.

Moderator: ludsoe

ludsoe
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

(0.13.4) MoCombat 0.6.0

Post by ludsoe »

Mocombat is a mod centered around increasing the ways you can combat the biters.
It adds new weapons and defenses alongside a new tank. Not to mention it implements automated combat robotics.

Mod Listing: https://mods.factorio.com/mods/ludsoe/mocombat

Mirror Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/99m7d ... combat.zip
Installation Non-ModPortal
Included Features
-Secret Feature: Death Chests When you die instead of your inventory being vaporized you drop a chest so you can retrieve your gear.
You can use the command below to enable it or change the config file inside the mod.
remote.call("MoCombat","enabledeathchest")
Images

GhengizCohen
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: (0.12.20) MoCombat 0.5.87

Post by GhengizCohen »

cool mods, I like to use some of yours many times. have a small problem with MoCombat now though, Advanced Combat Robotics needs itself to be unlocked to research it. kinda weird that, pic below
Attachments
acr.png
acr.png (267.6 KiB) Viewed 17533 times

gixbit
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: (0.12.24) MoCombat 0.5.88

Post by gixbit »

As a programmer, and player of this game, I have noticed some troubling issues with this mod that I'm not entirely sure if they have been noticed. I have investigated the source of the issue and I have come up with this.

I have noticed that a constant loop is being used to calculate the forcefield posts on the map, using a loop inside of that to check all the walls between two points, While this does work, it doesn't work well. Infact, it's causing extreme performance issues after only a few forcefields are placed. You can check this. The problem with doing things this way is it doesn't use any logic. You should try to refactor your code so that the same affect is achieved, but instead assume that the walls are unchanging when they have not taken any damage or the player has not moved them or destroyed anything. This should actually make it easier for you overall honestly. Once the walls are placed, it is unnecessary to constantly loop these walls to make sure they're still there, or whatever is happening, I only looked at this code for a few minutes but, this is what i gathered from it within those few minutes. How you fix it is really up to you but, I had to stop using the forcefields and take off moindustry as that is causing some weird cycle usage without anything even being used from it yet.

The idea that I think should be taken from what i'm saying is that to fix these problems, more assumptions need to be made about what is happening, what will happen, and what hasn't happened at all. Events for placing the walls, using queues, Events for regenerating single sections of walls, using queues, and Events for destroying walls, using queues, and do nothing when it is not needed. Without this, any large scale use of these objects, will cause extreme performance problems overtime and the way the game compensates for slow scripts is to slow the game down. I apologize if any of this seems pretentious or unfounded, but, I did not see any feedback discussions or anything, so I apologize once again, if this was out of line or in the wrong place, etc.

ludsoe
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: (0.12.24) MoCombat 0.5.88

Post by ludsoe »

Well you're exactly right in calling the force field script inefficient. I believe when I first coded the force fields the modding API was in its infancy. (Not to mention I was pretty lazy when I made it.)

Thank you for bringing this issue to light, Ill get around to changing the system to something more efficient. As for mo-industry, Ill have to check that out then.

LukeBi
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: (0.13.4) MoCombat 0.6.0

Post by LukeBi »

Ciao Hallo ...thanks for your mod ,is fantastic,but i have I have a problem recently, when I select the CombatRobotport my Factorio crash and script: the type Smart-Container has been obsolete and cannot be created.how can I fix.Thanks :)

Devastant
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Devastant »

I'm havin g the same problem as the previous poster. Can't use the combat robotics :(

Zaflis
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Zaflis »

Not sure if this is bug, but on tooltip for mocombat Portable fusion reactor Mk2 it has Maximum power output 150 kW. Vanilla fusion reactor makes 750 kW... so "upgrading" to Mk2 would be serious downgrade? Mk3 also 150 kW and Mk4 300 kW.

Return to “MoMods”