Event: on_entity_request_slot_changed

raiguard
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Event: on_entity_request_slot_changed

Post by raiguard »

Hello. In my Infinity Mode mod (which is a modernized recreation of the Creative Mode mod), I am attempting to implement an Instant Request cheat. The essence of this code is that when the player's main inventory changes, I make sure that all of the character's requests are fulfilled, by adding any missing items.

The code for this works beautifully in all but one thing: when the player adds a new request, nothing happens! There is no event that I can find which allows me to listen for this action. I would really like to avoid using an on_tick event as much as possible.

Request slots are specific to the character entity and not the player, so the event would probably fire whenever a request slot is changed, whether it be by a player or by another mod.

Thanks!

Attachments
instant request.mp4
(134.95 KiB) Downloaded 99 times
Don't forget, you're here forever.

raiguard
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Event: on_entity_request_slot_changed

Post by raiguard »

I see this was silently moved to "won't implement". Is there a reason for that, or is it just on the back burner?

Anyway, I need this now more than ever, for a different mod. I could survive without it, but with it I can significantly improve the performance of my mod when it comes to setting specific requests. Right now I have to loop through all the requests to find the one I need, but with an event I could easily make an up-to-date lookup table.
Don't forget, you're here forever.

PFQNiet
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Event: on_entity_request_slot_changed

Post by PFQNiet »

Looks like it's now been silently moved to "implemented mod requests"!

The dev team works in mysterious ways ;)

Return to “Implemented mod requests”