[1.1.32] Main GUIs do not recenter after removing relative GUI

We are aware of them, but they have low priority. We have more important things to do. They go here in order not to take space in the main bug thread list.
Xorimuth
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[1.1.32] Main GUIs do not recenter after removing relative GUI

Post by Xorimuth »

When a relative GUI is added, the main GUI recenters, but it does not go back when the relative GUI is destroyed (or hidden). See video:

Related, if the relative GUI size is extended downwards, the GUI is not recentered until after closing and reopening it, even though it clearly knows how much space it has because it only extends to a maximum size that fits nicely after recentering.

(Video seems to get stuck halfway through when viewing in the browser... please download and watch locally if you are confused!)

Doing

Code: Select all

player.opened = nil
player.opened = spidertron
after adding/removing the relative GUI has no effect.
My mods
Content: Freight Forwarding | Spidertron Patrols | Spidertron Enhancements | Power Overload
QoL: Factory Search | Remote Configuration | Module Inserter Simplified | Wire Shortcuts X | Ghost Warnings

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [1.1.32] Main GUIs do not recenter after removing relative GUI

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report however I don't believe we're going to change any of this behavior. The re-centering is a side effect of how the generic GUI system works - not specifically designed to do that but because of how the implementation works it happens.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Xorimuth
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [1.1.32] Main GUIs do not recenter after removing relative GUI

Post by Xorimuth »

Rseding91 wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 7:59 pm
Thanks for the report however I don't believe we're going to change any of this behavior. The re-centering is a side effect of how the generic GUI system works - not specifically designed to do that but because of how the implementation works it happens.
Ok, would a 'recenter_gui' lua call be easy to add so that I can 'refresh' the re-centering manually?

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=98332&p=545625#p545625
My mods
Content: Freight Forwarding | Spidertron Patrols | Spidertron Enhancements | Power Overload
QoL: Factory Search | Remote Configuration | Module Inserter Simplified | Wire Shortcuts X | Ghost Warnings

Return to “Minor issues”