Requesting special key combination instead of confirm button for map tag dialog

Ideas that are too old (too many things have changed since) and ones which won't be implemented for certain reasons or if there are obviously better suggestions.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Impatient
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Requesting special key combination instead of confirm button for map tag dialog

Post by Impatient »

TL;DR
I want the confirm button of the map tag dialog removed and the key combination LCTRL+LSHIFT+LALT+F9+KeypadENTER introduced instead.
Why ?

The process of placing a tag was too fast and too simple up until now. And you fixed that. Instead of simply clicking RMB on the map and creating a dot without text, we now have to click "add tag" and enter text or select an icon and then we have to find the spot where the tag should be again. Far more complicated. That's all great. But you forgot the confirm button. Simply clicking a button to confirm what I did? That is far too simple imo and could be improved. Therefor my request. With average sized hands, the above suggested key combination is impossible to press on a normal PC keyboard. I think that would be a great addition.
Last edited by Impatient on Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:48 am, edited 7 times in total.

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Bring back RMB for map tags and tags without text

Post by valneq »

+1
although I would support a more diplomatic tone

Impatient
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Bring back RMB for map tags and tags without text

Post by Impatient »

valneq wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 5:27 am
although I would support a more diplomatic tone
Well, maybe the outside world perceives my ranting comments not as funny as I do. Changed to obvious satire.

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Requesting special key combination instead of confirm button for map tag dialog

Post by posila »

Moving to won't implement: the proposed shortcut is currently not possible to implement in our current input handling system, due to it not supporting combination of two non-modifier keys (F9 + Enter)

I made a mistake of reading a thread in ideas and suggestions again and realized it too late. Well, the deed has been done and now I have no other option than to amuse myself by moving this thread to won't implement and lock it in attempt to save my mood for the weekend.

Btw.: You are using word "satire" a lot lately, and I think you don't use it correctly. I think you mean "sarcasm", which doesn't doesn't translate well over internet, because big part of it is tone of your voice. Just sayin'

Return to “Outdated/Not implemented”