RSO Pymods Starting Area Size

Replaces resource spawning system, so that the distances between resources are much bigger. Railway is needed then.

Moderators: orzelek, Dark

razahin
Inserter
Inserter

RSO Pymods Starting Area Size

Post by razahin »

Is there a way to increase the distance between the ores in the starting area? When playing with something like PyMods which has a lot of different ores required for the early game the starting area becomes very crowded and sort of breaks immersion.

I tried messing with the config a bit and increasing the starting area (in the config.lua), and increasing the size of the generation region but it didn't seem to have any effect. Not a huge deal but it would be nice if I could spread out the starting area resources a bit more.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: RSO Pymods Starting Area Size

Post by orzelek »

Increasing region size or starting area size currently only increases maximum or spawning range. Minimum is hardcoded at 75 tiles.
I've noticed that some of starting ores in Pymods set have really big fields - hard to tell for me is that correct or not.

If you want to change it locally it's in control.lua line 1052.

I'm not sure if I want to make the starting area size multiplier to apply to this value - starting ores are meant to be in nice little cluster near center of area.
Py has a bit of an issue since there are a lot of ores - not sure if I should factor that somehow and make a hidden multiplier or someone that knows Pymods needs to take a look at resource configs and adjust them because maybe not everything there is needed or should be that big.

razahin
Inserter
Inserter

Post by razahin »

Thanks so much for responding. I totally understand why its configured the way it is, and that PyMods are a special case. I'll definitely play around with that so see how it goes.

I don't know how feasible / difficult it might be, but adding a config / setting multiplier similar to the others which can be modified in the mod settings would allow users to take care of it instead of trying to set something up for individual mods. Just an idea if you're considering making any changes.

EDIT:

This did exactly what I needed. Thanks again.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Adding setting for it is not a problem but also not a priority atm :D

Tricky part might be making it work sensibly with starting area size modifictions especially when they shrink the area.

Return to “Resource Spawner Overhaul”