worms size setting (feature request)

Replaces resource spawning system, so that the distances between resources are much bigger. Railway is needed then.

Moderators: orzelek, Dark

nailertn
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

worms size setting (feature request)

Post by nailertn »

I use RSO because the rail world settings in vanilla just don't cut it for me, I want to have to use trains. If the distance between patches is increased considerably it makes sense to adjust biter generation accordingly, so that expansion isn't a drag or that bases don't become too large even before we get to the first expansion.

There is only one problem: worm generated at map creation only respect those adjustments in terms of their numbers but not in terms of their type. I can make bases increase in size less with distance by a factor of ten or a hundred, it doesn't really matter when behemoth worms always start appearing at the exact same fixed distance (usually well before I reach the closest patch outside the starting area).

I understand there are various gameplay and lua editing workarounds (enemy_worm_autoplace) for this issue but considering enemy customization is a big part of RSO wouldn't it make sense to give users direct control over basically the biggest hurdle they can encounter early game?

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: worms size setting (feature request)

Post by orzelek »

Hmm I have thresholds for turrets - you can see them in vanilla_enemies.lua.
I'm not sure how you would get behemoth worm so close - threshold for it should be 8*7*32 tiles.

I might have confused distance units in some place but I don't think I've seen behemots that close.
Are you modifying starting area size by some significant value?

Return to “Resource Spawner Overhaul”