Bugs and problems

New energy types, decorations, electric train, new types of belts and inserters, bigger inventory and many more stuff.

Moderators: McGuten, odin_spain

redmoon
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Bugs and problems

Post by redmoon »

game version 12.26
only 5dimpack 2.2.0
elecric railway is not connected to electric pole.

Mokmo
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Mokmo »

redmoon wrote:game version 12.26
only 5dimpack 2.2.0
elecric railway is not connected to electric pole.
Same here, update my packs to check, the wires only connect to passing train

McGuten
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by McGuten »

im sorry for trains problem im working with ores and after i will try to fix trains ^^

Anolya
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Anolya »

When you enable bob ores, the trains module is not loading correctly. It's on steam factorio version (currently 0.12.26).
When loading, it says "rail" is unknown. I modified type of all rails to straight-rail or curved-rail and it works again.
I use the mod trains 2.1.1. I don't have connection to download the last version to see if you suppressed the bug.

McGuten
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by McGuten »

Anolya wrote:When you enable bob ores, the trains module is not loading correctly. It's on steam factorio version (currently 0.12.26).
When loading, it says "rail" is unknown. I modified type of all rails to straight-rail or curved-rail and it works again.
I use the mod trains 2.1.1. I don't have connection to download the last version to see if you suppressed the bug.
Yes this bug is fixed in new releases

Mokmo
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Mokmo »

Just to add to the electric rail problem: For some reason the big electric poles sometime do make the connection visual, but the network doesn't carry power.

Jackalope_Gaming
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Jackalope_Gaming »

While going through the train files so I know what numbers to use to support it with my train length fix mod (link in my signature), I've noticed that several lines are commented out in various files. For example, in the Gun Wagon file it has the "minable" line commented out. In the Electric Pole file the first "minable," "corpse," "selection_box," and "drawing_box" lines are commented out. There are also two identical copies of the "selection_box" line and both are commented out.

Perhaps these lines that are commented out are the cause of some of the previous issues? I haven't tested them in the game itself to see since I'm occupied with other things, but those lines are of note for taking care of bugs.

McGuten
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by McGuten »

Jackielope wrote:While going through the train files so I know what numbers to use to support it with my train length fix mod (link in my signature), I've noticed that several lines are commented out in various files. For example, in the Gun Wagon file it has the "minable" line commented out. In the Electric Pole file the first "minable," "corpse," "selection_box," and "drawing_box" lines are commented out. There are also two identical copies of the "selection_box" line and both are commented out.

Perhaps these lines that are commented out are the cause of some of the previous issues? I haven't tested them in the game itself to see since I'm occupied with other things, but those lines are of note for taking care of bugs.

This lanes are commented because our trains use proxies for logistics wagons and i need gen a logistic container it isnt a bug

clampi
Inserter
Inserter

Post by clampi »

Hello,

I have a bug/omission to report. Using 5dim_automatization_3.0.0, after researching the respective tech, I have the ability to craft Oil Refinery MK3. The bug its related to it's existence/purpose. I would have expected to be somehow better than the MK 2 variant, but, it has the same stats, except the more expensive crafting recipe. I would have expected to have a faster crafting speed or more module slots, something better from automation perspective. I even looked in the prototype, thinking that the tool-tip may not display all the relevant info, but no, same item, different picture and recipe :D

I checked older versions and the same holds true for 2.1.0

By comparison, the Chemical Plant MK3 is faster than the MK2 variant (crafting speed), has more module slots and has a greater energy usage.

So, it is a typo or a leftover that should have been removed long ago?

McGuten
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by McGuten »

clampi wrote:Hello,

I have a bug/omission to report. Using 5dim_automatization_3.0.0, after researching the respective tech, I have the ability to craft Oil Refinery MK3. The bug its related to it's existence/purpose. I would have expected to be somehow better than the MK 2 variant, but, it has the same stats, except the more expensive crafting recipe. I would have expected to have a faster crafting speed or more module slots, something better from automation perspective. I even looked in the prototype, thinking that the tool-tip may not display all the relevant info, but no, same item, different picture and recipe :D

I checked older versions and the same holds true for 2.1.0

By comparison, the Chemical Plant MK3 is faster than the MK2 variant (crafting speed), has more module slots and has a greater energy usage.

So, it is a typo or a leftover that should have been removed long ago?

Oh, yes it will be fixed in next release, thanks you for report

redmoon
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by redmoon »

3.0 modpack. electric rail don't work. No connect to electric pole

bitteeins
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by bitteeins »

hmm i seem to have this problem after using the electric trains... and using my autosaves... any idears ? i updated to the lasted version 3.0.0 Image

bitteeins
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by bitteeins »

ohh ehh so it seems like the previous post's explain it ? like the stuff aint updated or something? sorry im a noob with mods oh gods :)

EmperorZelos
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by EmperorZelos »

With the 3 version I still cannot connect the extra speed smart ones to any wirigin, still making them close to pointless.

EmperorZelos
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by EmperorZelos »

And it demands me to use aluminium when I have the extra ore disabled.

McGuten
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by McGuten »

EmperorZelos wrote:And it demands me to use aluminium when I have the extra ore disabled.
Dont disable modules, just delete modules please

McGuten
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by McGuten »

bitteeins wrote:hmm i seem to have this problem after using the electric trains... and using my autosaves... any idears ? i updated to the lasted version 3.0.0 Image

What are you doing when show error?

EmperorZelos
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by EmperorZelos »

McGuten wrote:
EmperorZelos wrote:And it demands me to use aluminium when I have the extra ore disabled.
I mean it says in the core one that more ore is disabled

McGuten
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by McGuten »

EmperorZelos wrote:
McGuten wrote:
I mean it says in the core one that more ore is disabled
If you update to 3.0.0 all modules you dont need put true dimoresenable you need 5dim_ores for do it if you install 5dim_ores then all ores are enabled if you delete ores all modules turn off

maurojunior2011
Inserter
Inserter

Post by maurojunior2011 »

In PT-BR language is giving this error in game loading: (only DECORATIONS MODULE, the others are working 100%).

Return to “5dim's mod”