Mod that exposes time to consume a science pack to the circuit network

Looking for a mod? Have a review on a mod you'd like to share?
Nick433
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Mod that exposes time to consume a science pack to the circuit network

Post by Nick433 »

I'm thinking of doing a build that will depend on how long it takes for a research lab to consume a science pack (ie. if its 30 sec it opens one branch of labs allows science packs in, but if it's 15 secs that branch closes). I'm not sure if it is possible and my cursory browsing of the in game api on the wiki has yielded no obvious results to me.

If some one could find a way to expose the information I would be appreciative for the mod.

Trific
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Mod that exposes time to consume a science pack to the circuit network

Post by Trific »

game.player.force.current_research?
game.player.force.current_research.research_unit_energy to get the time required, I think.

Nick433
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Nick433 »

I'm not good at modding, I've never done it before. So I would have no idea how to create a mod that would interface correctly with the circuit network while not impacting the game significantly

bormand
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by bormand »

You can detect it in-game in vanilla, just measure interval between swings of the input inserter on one of the labs.

Nick433
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Nick433 »

That's not really what I'm going for with the build I have in mind. I don't want to have to measure that with an obtuse build in vanilla and would rather have a mod that makes the information available in a more usable way. And anyway I think that it should be exposed in the base game without having to have a janky build that relies on comparatively unstable clock via an inserter.

Return to “Questions, reviews and ratings”