Mod suggestions for new mega factory playthrough.

Looking for a mod? Have a review on a mod you'd like to share?
hanli427
Inserter
Inserter

Mod suggestions for new mega factory playthrough.

Post by hanli427 »

I am thinking about starting a new game, and am considering what mods to use for it, and would like to ask for some suggestions.

The playthrough will be a mega factory, with map settings combining marathon, railworld and deathworld. I also want some mods to enhance the game, particularily late game, without doing a complete overhaul or change.

I want to add more biters in the late-late game, as in vanilla, when you control the behemoths, there is no longer any real threat. I consider Schall Endgame Evolution to add a few more tiers of enemies and may add a few other things as well. To help me defend against the increased threats I want some defensive mods, like King's Turret Shields, Hero Turrets and something to add new turrets without adding too much. Currenty I lean towards K2 Turrets as it adds 3 powerful late game turrets based only on vanilla ammo.

In addition, I might add Factorio Extended Plus to add some new things to expand tech beyond vanilla. But I also feel it might go beyond my idea of 'Vanilla Plus'.

What thoughts and suggestions does other people have?

Speedyquader
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Mod suggestions for new mega factory playthrough.

Post by Speedyquader »

For defense, there's: Rampant Arsenal, Bob's Warfare, Modular Turrets, K2 Turrets, and plenty more, but those are the ones I know of personally.

I know that if you use a few of Bob's mods(not all of them, and certainly not the ores, tech, electronics, or overhaul), then you can get what you're looking for, like better mining drills, better power, better assembling machines, better logistics, etc. I've seen 5Dim's in screenshots, but haven't tried it yet, so that may be worth looking into too. If you weren't against a full overhaul mod, I'd recommend K2, but... oh well, I guess XD

As for increasing the difficulty of the biters, Rampant is another possibility to look into instead of/in addition to Schall's Endgame Evolution. With Schall's, I'd highly recommend adding in either Rampant Arsenal or Bob's Warfare, as the highest tiers are *extremely* tanky, having HP well into the millions. If you're not against it, I'd also recommend adding Waterfill in order to properly set up a tower defense-like path for them to walk on to give your towers more time to kill them! All the categories above X are kind of ridiculous XD

Return to “Questions, reviews and ratings”