What mods to play?

Looking for a mod? Have a review on a mod you'd like to share?
samy01
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

What mods to play?

Post by samy01 »

So playing factorio now i've over 150 hours in game and finished 3 maps already and was thinking of getting some overhull mod to play just to spice things up.
What i want is something that is a step up but not too hardcore that i've to dedicate 100+ hour to feel any kind of progression.

Angel and Bob they both seem to make things very complex with so much new materials that i put them on hold.
What is left is Space exploration which i like the idea of but i've been told is a very complex and extremely lengthy.
Someone recommended Krastorio 2 but i also would like your recommendation.

Serenity
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: What mods to play?

Post by Serenity »

Well, you listed almost all the big and popular overhaul mods. Krastorio is the most approachable of those. The one you didn't mention is Industrial Revolution 2, which easily comes with the best graphics of all the large mods

Another option is to pick several smaller mods to add things that interest you, or things you miss in the base game. They don't change the core gameplay, but they can add new processes, new power options, new enemies, new vehicles etc.

tamanous
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by tamanous »

GrumpyJoe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by GrumpyJoe »

Have not tested it alot yet, but Nullius seems interesting.
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/nullius

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

samy01 wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 2:32 pm
Angel and Bob they both seem to make things very complex with so much new materials that i put them on hold.
Bob's only is a bit more complex, but not too bad. You can also remove the bobs electronics mod to lower complexity. Also, Artisanal Reskins mods make it a lot prettier

GrumpyJoe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by GrumpyJoe »

I think vanilla and Angels alone also is quite straight forward, mostly efficiency updates for raw resources through upgrading crushed ores etc..

Should be less complex than bob alone, which adds quite some resources, which (when combined) Angel then makes more complex by make you go through 4+2 different base ores to get bobs "base" ores

The whole suite requires a flowchart 🤣

It's been a while since I tried starting an Angel's game alone tho and I didn't really like it, so no guarantee here.

Return to “Questions, reviews and ratings”