[0.14.21] Modpack: Farlands v0.14.7

Doesn't fit in the other categories, like libraries, small fixes or modpacks.
Pandemoneus
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [0.14.20] Modpack: Farlands v0.14.3

Post by Pandemoneus »

0.14.4 is now out. Changelog and files are located on the release page: https://github.com/Pandemoneus/Farlands/releases
My RSO+Bob's+Angel's modpack: Farlands (outdated)
Mods (current): Resource Labels
Mods (old): Biter Spires

ValorousReaper
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [0.14.20] Modpack: Farlands v0.14.4

Post by ValorousReaper »

I've just started this and so far it is fun but I noticed the lack of ore generation and enemy bases. Reading the starting information, I noticed there was some recommended settings for world generation. In short, I get the goal is to make ores rarer to enforce train use and exploration but I did want to mention that "Terrain Segmentation" was removed as a setting back in v0.13.13..ish and is no longer visible or even a setting. Maybe it's time to update the "Map Generation" segment of this post?

Pandemoneus
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [0.14.20] Modpack: Farlands v0.14.4

Post by Pandemoneus »

ValorousReaper wrote:I've just started this and so far it is fun but I noticed the lack of ore generation and enemy bases. Reading the starting information, I noticed there was some recommended settings for world generation. In short, I get the goal is to make ores rarer to enforce train use and exploration but I did want to mention that "Terrain Segmentation" was removed as a setting back in v0.13.13..ish and is no longer visible or even a setting. Maybe it's time to update the "Map Generation" segment of this post?
That's because resources are really far away, unless you set the starting zone to "very small". You will need trains, belts are not feasable. If you want to explore fast, I recommend getting a two FARLs and a cargo wagon. Connect them 1-1-1, put some rails into the cargo wagon, and go nuts. Drive in bulldoze mode to instantly destroy all rails behind you, and you won't run out of them while you are exploring.

0.14.5 is now out. Changelog and files are located on the release page: https://github.com/Pandemoneus/Farlands/releases
Note that this update removes several mods. Please read the bold text on the release page.

Ashtoruin
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [0.14.21] Modpack: Farlands v0.14.5

Post by Ashtoruin »

So I was running this on a server and Global warming eventually caused massive desync and had to be disabled so anyone could log in.

Pandemoneus
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [0.14.21] Modpack: Farlands v0.14.5

Post by Pandemoneus »

Ashtoruin wrote:So I was running this on a server and Global warming eventually caused massive desync and had to be disabled so anyone could log in.
Yep. I recommend updating it on your own or disabling it if you don't want to wait for my update.

Pandemoneus
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [0.14.21] Modpack: Farlands v0.14.6

Post by Pandemoneus »

0.14.6 is now out. Changelog and files are located on the release page: https://github.com/Pandemoneus/Farlands/releases

chemie
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by chemie »

Global warming is still broken:

* offahore pumps around the starting water
* sand trying to overwrite concrete
* filling all starting water

All of these cause major lag spikes every time the global warming wants to increase sand/water. Even does in single player mode so not multiplayer lag.

Pandemoneus
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Pandemoneus »

chemie wrote:Global warming is still broken:

All of these cause major lag spikes every time the global warming wants to increase sand/water. Even does in single player mode so not multiplayer lag.
Can you give me your savegame? I would like to take a look.

Pandemoneus
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [0.14.21] Modpack: Farlands v0.14.7

Post by Pandemoneus »

0.14.7 is now out. Changelog and files are located on the release page: https://github.com/Pandemoneus/Farlands/releases

chemie
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by chemie »

Pandemoneus wrote:

sure. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/09shu264stdi ... OHe0a?dl=0

wait 15 seconds and see. This example the lag only lasts 15 seconds or so. It has gone on as long as 90 seconds in some cases but I could not find a save point as an example and did not want to play it out to get to one! Put offshore pumps all around the middle lake and/or fill in middle lake and it goes way up.

Pandemoneus
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Pandemoneus »

chemie wrote:
Pandemoneus wrote:

sure. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/09shu264stdi ... OHe0a?dl=0

wait 15 seconds and see. This example the lag only lasts 15 seconds or so. It has gone on as long as 90 seconds in some cases but I could not find a save point as an example and did not want to play it out to get to one! Put offshore pumps all around the middle lake and/or fill in middle lake and it goes way up.
Ouch. Yea, the UPS really goes down for more than half a minute. I suggest you disable the mod GlobalWarming for now, I contacted the mod author.

chemie
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by chemie »

Yah. Took awhile to figure out it was global warming causing the issue but disabled it when I read the earlier post from the person saying they had multi-player issues with it.

BlueRaja
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by BlueRaja »

Bugs we've found in 50 hours of play (with two players in multiplayer) with the latest version of Farlands
  • Lag causes game to be unplayable halfway through. We had to install the UPS-up mod to make the game playable again. I highly recommend including that mod in this modpack
  • Every time the host drives a car, the other player desyncs
  • Every time an underground belt is placed, any corner-belts between them get removed. So for example, if D is an underground belt, then if you place
    D╔═╗D
    after placing the second D, the ╔ and ╗ belts will be removed. We use a lot of underground belts in the mid-game, so this bug kept screwing up our factory
  • Every time the host saves/reloads the game, every lake in the game gets moved up by one square. This breaks pretty much every water pump every time, and any buildings that are just above lakes will eventually get eaten by the cancer-lake.

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

From the current pack on git-hub

Bottleneck and VehichleSnap will cause desyncs - Both need to be upgraded to the latest version to fix.

For the underground belt issue, there is a hotkey to disable the underground belt mod.

The water issue is probably related to global warming mod

EurypteriD
Inserter
Inserter

Post by EurypteriD »

Friendly warning to anyone New to this!

Do not craft an explosive termite just to see what it does..
You will laugh for a bit and then cry when you figure out what happened!
Let's Play Youtube Channel

Xeanoa
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Xeanoa »

EurypteriD wrote:Friendly warning to anyone New to this!

Do not craft an explosive termite just to see what it does..
You will laugh for a bit and then cry when you figure out what happened!
Now I'm REALLY curious. Tell me :D

Mustacheion
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Mustacheion »

Curious about the intent in having multiple barreling technologies. Currently playing, researched a barreling technology in the petrochem tree, and found that there was no recipe to barrel lubricant. But there is a different barreling technology that looks like it is a part of the Bob's tree that does have a lubricant barrel recipe. Is there a reason that you want to keep these separate, or are you still working on unifying Angel's and Bob's mods? Otherwise, good work, thanks!

Mustacheion
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Mustacheion »

Found another problem. There is a technology (probably the vanilla technology) which allows you to produce one unit of solid fuel for about two units of various oil products. And in addition, there are the petrochem mod's recipies for solid fuel which require one unit of coke and 10-15 units of the same oil products. Seems like you should disable the vanilla solid fuel technology.

Mustacheion
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Mustacheion »

I have another suggestion / problem. Angel's smelting produces a type of alumina that is not compatible with Bob's recipes, such as the polishing compound for gem cutting. Would be nice if you could use one item for both mods / convert between the two. In my installation, I have tweaked Angel's mod to just use Bob's version of alumina.

Emzi
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Emzi »

I have a little problem at the start of my game.
Sprite outside of "_Bottleneck_/graphics/red.png" (at 0, 0, size 32x32 of 16x16).
I don't know why :/

Return to “Mod Packs / Libs / Special Interest”