[0.14.21] Modpack: Farlands v0.14.7

Doesn't fit in the other categories, like libraries, small fixes or modpacks.
StormTAG
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [0.12.34] Modpack: Farlands v0.1.13

Post by StormTAG »

Just for folks information, the following mods from the mod pack are unavailable on the portal:

Color Coding (lite) by d3phoenix (viewtopic.php?f=144&t=13907)
ExtraChests by qjm123 (viewtopic.php?f=91&t=19970)
K&L Inserters by lyravega (viewtopic.php?f=93&t=21269)
Logistics Railway by Supercheese (viewtopic.php?f=93&t=21462)
Macromanaged Turrets by Macros (viewtopic.php?f=93&t=24639)
Map Labels by DonovanHawkins (viewtopic.php?f=92&t=22380)
Mod Iconizer by Roktaal (viewtopic.php?f=92&t=23680)
Minable Rock by Ranakastrasz (viewtopic.php?f=93&t=15991)
Nucular by Simdezimon (viewtopic.php?f=93&t=21676)
PandemoneusTweaks by Pandemoneus
Player sensitive pressure plates by Dr. Walrus (viewtopic.php?f=93&t=18948)
Smarter Circuitry by Kikkers (viewtopic.php?f=91&t=14824)
SmartTrains by Choumiko (viewtopic.php?f=97&t=14432)
StraightCars by ficolas
Terraforming by MudRaker (viewtopic.php?f=93&t=15038)

Everything else is on the portal and works (so far as I've been able to tell!)

Many of these are no longer relevant in 0.13 (ie. mining rocks)

Some have unofficial patches (which I have not tested:)

Extra Chests: viewtopic.php?f=91&t=19970&start=70#p178930
Map Labels: viewtopic.php?f=92&t=22380&start=10#p174449
Nucular: viewtopic.php?f=93&t=21676&start=30#p176160
SmartTrains: viewtopic.php?f=97&t=14432&start=400#p177898

Pandemoneus
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Pandemoneus »

I'm still a bit busy, but I should have more time available starting next weekend.
My RSO+Bob's+Angel's modpack: Farlands (outdated)
Mods (current): Resource Labels
Mods (old): Biter Spires

BinaryMan
Inserter
Inserter

Post by BinaryMan »

If you are repacking for 13.x, I looked into Misanthrope and version 6.x for Factorio 13.x has a completely different progression; I noticed in the current one being stuck from 0.47 to 0.55 evo as the waves would decrease it as much as it was gaining. Not seeing any elemental biters means you can only grow your own colored artifacts unless you destroy a lot of bases. I think more escalation to bigger biters would severely challenge my wall of turrets, so late game this is a good thing so that I can't just ignore the attacks on the walls from small/med biters. It's hard to pace it exactly but I think the evo should always be on the uptrend where you are trying to outpace the enemy.

I also made it to end game without expanding to new mineral deposits, so I am only using 4 of the 6 kinds of minerals. This is mainly due to me being too lazy to clear a long path to them as I have biters on high settings surrounding me and also expanding frequently. Not having the infinite minerals would probably force expansion so I might turn it off next game. As people have mentioned, you can essentially "overclock" mining drills to get by despite having a low yield. If it remains it might need to be set to a very low minimum level (like 1/10th of current).

Still, I'm really enjoying this mod pack! It's kept me busy longer than Bob's mods alone, with more variety of things to build. I look forward to seeing the 0.13.x release!

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

BinaryMan wrote:If you are repacking for 13.x, I looked into Misanthrope and version 6.x for Factorio 13.x has a completely different progression; I noticed in the current one being stuck from 0.47 to 0.55 evo as the waves would decrease it as much as it was gaining. Not seeing any elemental biters means you can only grow your own colored artifacts unless you destroy a lot of bases. I think more escalation to bigger biters would severely challenge my wall of turrets, so late game this is a good thing so that I can't just ignore the attacks on the walls from small/med biters. It's hard to pace it exactly but I think the evo should always be on the uptrend where you are trying to outpace the enemy.

I also made it to end game without expanding to new mineral deposits, so I am only using 4 of the 6 kinds of minerals. This is mainly due to me being too lazy to clear a long path to them as I have biters on high settings surrounding me and also expanding frequently. Not having the infinite minerals would probably force expansion so I might turn it off next game. As people have mentioned, you can essentially "overclock" mining drills to get by despite having a low yield. If it remains it might need to be set to a very low minimum level (like 1/10th of current).

Still, I'm really enjoying this mod pack! It's kept me busy longer than Bob's mods alone, with more variety of things to build. I look forward to seeing the 0.13.x release!
One of the reasons why infinite ores in the starting area are disabled by default in RSO, to give you a reason to expand, also yeah overpowered mining drills break the infinite ores a bit. I might add a special mode so that the mining output on top of the decreasing yield only has a probability of 50% for example.

Pandemoneus
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Pandemoneus »

BinaryMan wrote:If you are repacking for 13.x, I looked into Misanthrope and version 6.x for Factorio 13.x has a completely different progression; I noticed in the current one being stuck from 0.47 to 0.55 evo as the waves would decrease it as much as it was gaining. Not seeing any elemental biters means you can only grow your own colored artifacts unless you destroy a lot of bases. I think more escalation to bigger biters would severely challenge my wall of turrets, so late game this is a good thing so that I can't just ignore the attacks on the walls from small/med biters. It's hard to pace it exactly but I think the evo should always be on the uptrend where you are trying to outpace the enemy.

Thanks for the feedback. I will start working on the 0.13.x pack today by first checking out what mods I need to replace, whether there are any new viable mods and other things.

Pandemoneus
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Pandemoneus »

Alright, first version of my modpack for Factorio 0.13 is out:
https://github.com/Pandemoneus/Farlands ... ag/v0.13.0

Please note, this version is not compatible with previous modpack versions.

Notable changes:
  • This is an ALPHA version. I have only put together updated mods and adapted some configs to match the older versions. I have not yet tested whether there are redundant things and how CMHMod affects the pack.
  • Changed versioning. The version system will now be: (Factorio version).(My revision)
  • Replaced Nucular with UraniumPower
  • Replaced Treefarm with Bob's Greenhouse
  • Logistics Railway, Macromanaged Turrets and Terraforming are not in the pack yet as they have not been updated
  • Infinite ore patches no longer appear in the starter area, and their minimum threshold has been set to 0.1. Also reduced the infinite ore patch sizes in distant ore patches.
  • I have not tried the new Misanthrope yet, so it is not tweaked
  • Day/Night cycle is now four times longer. Make use of those lights and the new flares!
If you have more mod suggestions, please post them. :)

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.13.10] Modpack: Farlands v0.13.0

Post by Arch666Angel »

Angels Infinite Ores
-added support for Dark Matter Replicator mod
-added option to enable a loweryield mode in the config: loweryield will add a probability to the ore output of the infinite ores, so that they will produce less ore overall and even less with lower yields
-added modifier for loweryield to the config, changes the probability with which ores are produced

Baughn
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Baughn »

Well, a question and a suggestion.

Would you like to add Nixie Tubes, from https://mods.factorio.com/mods/justaran ... ixie-tubes? It looks very nifty, and would go well in my yet-to-be-built control room. And--

Nucular did get updated to 0.13, so why the switch? I'm just curious.

Pandemoneus
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Pandemoneus »

Baughn wrote:Well, a question and a suggestion.

Would you like to add Nixie Tubes, from https://mods.factorio.com/mods/justaran ... ixie-tubes? It looks very nifty, and would go well in my yet-to-be-built control room. And--

Nucular did get updated to 0.13, so why the switch? I'm just curious.
Nixie Tubes is already in.
I had originally intended to include UraniumPower in the 0.12 pack, but I wasn't aware that it had been updated for it. Nucular setups are quite small, and I like the complexity UraniumPower adds.

Pandemoneus
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Pandemoneus »

So, did anyone play the new pack yet? I would like to hear some feedback, since I am currently not playing Factorio.

Baughn
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Baughn »

Poking at it.

Well, it hasn't crashed yet, but I'm not very far in either.

dunkel
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by dunkel »

I was actually waiting for more updates. Something that isn't marked as an alpha. Might give it a shot if no further content additions/updates are planned for now.

Pandemoneus
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Pandemoneus »

dunkel wrote:I was actually waiting for more updates. Something that isn't marked as an alpha. Might give it a shot if no further content additions/updates are planned for now.
I will update mods if there are enough. As for mod additions, I might add future mods if they fit the pack, but I am not planning to add any more from the ones we currently have in the mod portal.

Baughn
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Baughn »

I'm not sure if it's the pack or my GPU, but for some reason the first ore processing tech -- that is, the one that lets you "pack" ores into "suitably sized packages" -- shows up as noise on the tech screen. It's not just that the texture is missing, it seems to be grabbing random bits of GPU memory.

Probably my GPU, but it should be pretty obvious in the tech screen if you look.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

Baughn wrote:I'm not sure if it's the pack or my GPU, but for some reason the first ore processing tech -- that is, the one that lets you "pack" ores into "suitably sized packages" -- shows up as noise on the tech screen. It's not just that the texture is missing, it seems to be grabbing random bits of GPU memory.

Probably my GPU, but it should be pretty obvious in the tech screen if you look.
It's a problem with MacOS and part of my icons in a bit depth which seems to high for MacOS

Pandemoneus
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Pandemoneus »

Arch666Angel wrote:
Baughn wrote:I'm not sure if it's the pack or my GPU, but for some reason the first ore processing tech -- that is, the one that lets you "pack" ores into "suitably sized packages" -- shows up as noise on the tech screen. It's not just that the texture is missing, it seems to be grabbing random bits of GPU memory.

It's a problem with MacOS and part of my icons in a bit depth which seems to high for MacOS
Should you make an update for that, I will publish it here immediately too.

Baughn
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Baughn »

This script should do the trick:

Code: Select all

find . -name \*.png -exec identify {} + | grep -v 8-bit | awk '{print $1}' | \
  while read img; do
    mogrify -depth 8 "$img";
  done
Requires imagemagick to be installed.

Baughn
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Baughn »

I don't know if this is something you'd want to copy or not, but: Back on 0.12 by setting the starting area resource generation to 30%, and turning off infinite ores, I ended up with just enough ores to make it to railways, but not much beyond. It puts a bit of extra pressure on the players, when I've otherwise seen (back on 0.12) players who never even leave the starting area.

Reducing / shutting off infinite ores might be sufficient on its own, though.

Baughn
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Baughn »

Does the pack have anything like viewtopic.php?f=97&t=17271&hilit=radio yet?

That is, wireless circuit signals. Would go well with spread-out bases, I think.

Pandemoneus
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Pandemoneus »

Baughn wrote:Does the pack have anything like viewtopic.php?f=97&t=17271&hilit=radio yet?

That is, wireless circuit signals. Would go well with spread-out bases, I think.
Looks good, will add it.

Return to “Mod Packs / Libs / Special Interest”