[slpwnd] Typos in recommended settings above the buy form

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
maciekmm
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[slpwnd] Typos in recommended settings above the buy form

Post by maciekmm »

On:
https://www.factorio.com/buy

there are two typos in recommended settings:
Reccomended requirements for running the game are: 4GB RAM, 2GB dedicated video memor, Quad core 2.5Ghz and 512 MB of disk space.

matjojo
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Typos in recommended settings above the buy form

Post by matjojo »

Everywhere on the forum I read factorio 'currently' only uses one core, if so, why quad core? also 2.5 GHz? that's a lot, I use 1.5GHz and I never have problems, maybe you guys can set up some questionaire about performance and CPU-types and stuffs to test on a lot of people and get better data?

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Typos in recommended settings above the buy form

Post by Rseding91 »

matjojo wrote:Everywhere on the forum I read factorio 'currently' only uses one core, if so, why quad core? also 2.5 GHz? that's a lot, I use 1.5GHz and I never have problems, maybe you guys can set up some questionaire about performance and CPU-types and stuffs to test on a lot of people and get better data?
Factorio does use multiple cores but only 1 for the main game logic. Things like rendering, chunk generation, saving/loading all use multiple cores. Also because more than just Factorio runs on your computer at once. If you only had 1 core then Factorio would always be competing for use of that core over everything else that runs in the background on a given computer.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”