[1.1.88] Pumpjacks have “working” status when full

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
Xorimuth
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[1.1.88] Pumpjacks have “working” status when full

Post by Xorimuth »

When Pumpjacks have filled their internal fluid buffer, they keep the “Working” status, whereas normal drills go to “Waiting for space in destination”.

This is relevant to me because I’m trying to script some effects on the Cargo Ships oil rig when it is running, but it seems impossible to distinguish between running and output-full.
My mods
Content: Freight Forwarding | Spidertron Patrols | Spidertron Enhancements | Power Overload
QoL: Factory Search | Remote Configuration | Module Inserter Simplified | Wire Shortcuts X | Ghost Warnings

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [1.1.88] Pumpjacks have “working” status when full

Post by Rseding91 »

From the pump logic it’s all the same. Mining drills wait for the output before continuing because they deplete the source. Pump jacks do not and so are always working at full speed. If they can’t store the results it just destroys it and tries again next tick.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Xorimuth
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Xorimuth »

Rseding91 wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2023 8:19 pm
From the pump logic it’s all the same. Mining drills wait for the output before continuing because they deplete the source. Pump jacks do not and so are always working at full speed. If they can’t store the results it just destroys it and tries again next tick.
But an oil well’s yield decreases as it is pumped… are you saying that it is decreasing even if the output is backed up??? That is very surprising to me, but maybe that’s just how it works…
My mods
Content: Freight Forwarding | Spidertron Patrols | Spidertron Enhancements | Power Overload
QoL: Factory Search | Remote Configuration | Module Inserter Simplified | Wire Shortcuts X | Ghost Warnings

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Hmm, I might have gotten confused between offshore pumps and pump jacks. I’ll get back to you.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Ok, I looked into it more and the issue is now fixed for the next release.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”