In game updater breaks the game.

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
Sommerbo
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

In game updater breaks the game.

Post by Sommerbo »

Problem
When using the ingame updater the game breaks. Binary exe-files is deleted.

Additional info
This might be related to my other problem https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... f=7&t=2041
When I tried to use version 0.6.4.5945 (x64) to update my game the process goes normally until the client restarts and asks for admin-privileges then it shuts down and half the files are missing.
Looking in temp folder all the updates are being downloaded. Up to version 0.8.5 (current version when update was run)
But looking in data/base/migrations/ the update-luas stop at version 0.8.2 (might not be related)

Troubleshooting
Tried on two different computers both behave the same.

Final thoughts
Not a big deal since I can download new versions from the site but still annoying.

Dysoch
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: In game updater breaks the game.

Post by Dysoch »

But looking in data/base/migrations/ the update-luas stop at version 0.8.2 (might not be related)
the updates from 0.8.3 and above had no important changes to recipes, items or entities to be needed to reset.
Creator of:
- DyTech
- DyWorld
- DyWorld-Dynamics
- DyWorld-Dynamics 2
Active since Factorio 0.6

Sommerbo
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Sommerbo »

Dysoch wrote:
the updates from 0.8.3 and above had no important changes to recipes, items or entities to be needed to reset.
Good to know. Thanks Dysoch!

cube
Former Staff
Former Staff

Post by cube »

So this is pretty old, updater got some more love since then, especially in the cases of modified local files (in 0.9.something) and firewall problems (in 0.10.0)
I'm closing this as resolved, if the problem persists, please bump this thread or start a new one.
I have no idea what I'm talking about.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”