[0.13.2] Low performance and black screen on Win XP

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
piriform
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[0.13.2] Low performance and black screen on Win XP

Post by piriform »

The UI response is quite bad, it takes a noticeable amount of time to activate any button (even in the start menu).
Opening existing save (even with reduced graphic settings ) results in this (ignore the task manager)

f13v2.gif
f13v2.gif (38.56 KiB) Viewed 1158 times
Now look at the task manager. It's cycling (in my case) between 50-90%. The cycle is quite regular.
The "unknown button" in the upper left hand corner is probably due to blue print string mod not updated. I try the new fancy mod update facility and get CTD
Here's the log for your viewing pleasure.
factorio-current.log
(3.59 KiB) Downloaded 41 times
Overall, some progress but not quite there yet.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: The good news is that 13.2 loads on XP

Post by Loewchen »

piriform wrote:The UI response is quite bad, it takes a noticeable amount of time to activate any button (even in the start menu).
Opening existing save (even with reduced graphic settings ) results in this (ignore the task manager)

Now look at the task manager. It's cycling (in my case) between 50-90%. The cycle is quite regular.
The "unknown button" in the upper left hand corner is probably due to blue print string mod not updated. I try the new fancy mod update facility and get CTD
Here's the log for your viewing pleasure.
factorio-current.log
Overall, some progress but not quite there yet.
Seems unrelated, please open a new report.

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.13.2] Low performance and black screen on Win XP

Post by posila »

I moved the posts to new topic.

Log says Windows 2000, do you play in compatibility mode? If so, turn it off and post new log, please.

piriform
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [0.13.2] Low performance and black screen on Win XP

Post by piriform »

Disabled compatibility mode (which I activated on the faint hope) and restarted - same problem (Black Screen, slowness). Played with graphics settings and restarted couple of times).
Lo and behold, now it works without issues. It was the graphics settings and the AMD card. Performance and graphics are now good ,and the mods updated without problems. Please close this problem report.

Thank you all!

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”