[0.14.9] Report of our MMO event.

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
Sabbie
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[0.14.9] Report of our MMO event.

Post by Sabbie »

We organised the /r/factorio MMO event today, trying to get the server to crash, and we did it! At it's peak we had 125 people online and 258 unique players joined.

At the start we had some issues with the login server. Thanks a LOT for responding to that on a Sunday evening. We really appreciate it.

I have emailed you guys the log files since I don't feel comfortable sharing all the IP addresses here.

Between 19:00 and 23:00 we got the server to crash 3 times. The whole sever got a "Server not responding" at the following lines:

in first-log.log:
log stuff
And at 3 minutes past 23 the game crashed again.

I noticed that we get a lot of "Server not responding" when the game is waiting for a heartbeat response to the login servers. Perhaps this can happen async?

Save is downloadable here:
http://factorio.grunnegers.nl/saves/201 ... _event.zip
Last edited by Sabbie on Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [0.14.9] Report of our MMO event.

Post by Loewchen »

Please upload the complete log.

found
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by found »

For the curious, here is a picture of the factory at the end of the night.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

What exactly is the bug you are reporting?

Sabbie
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Sabbie »

Loewchen wrote:Please upload the complete log.
I have emailed it to factorio@factorio.com
Loewchen wrote:What exactly is the bug you are reporting?
Three crashes at the end of the logs mostly. Added some other findings since I thought they might be interesting.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

I don't see any crash in the log, and I don't see any log in our email address. Is the crash reproducible from the save?

Sabbie
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Sabbie »

I'm sorry for the confusion. I have now removed the ip addresses from the logs and attached them to this post.

The crash is not reproducible. It happened under load, the save is an auto-save from a few minutes before the last crash.
Attachments
20160925_r_factorio_logs.tar.gz
(335.32 KiB) Downloaded 95 times

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

• first log Based on this: 7580.362 Received SIGTERM, shutting down, it looks like it was just terminated from console.
  • second-log It is the crash after reconnect after desync problem. I might have found the cause, so it is probably fixed for the 0.14.10
  • third-log Crash in movement of biter, I don't know what caused it, can't do much if I don't get save where it can crash reproducibly again with the same problem.

Sabbie
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Sabbie »

You are right. I shouldn't have uploaded the first log. Everybody got disconnected and I restarted the server since I thought it would be faster to restart than to wait for everybody to time-out.

Nice to hear that you found one bug. I'll make a point of saving the game on the client after a server crash if it happens again.

Sabbie
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Sabbie »

I'm watching Steejo's stream for the MMO test 2 and I see you guys have some difficulty explaining the "Server not responding" events. I don't mean to nag, but I'm not sure that you noticed my comment in this thread about that problem. (My not uploading the logs might have been a distraction)

Maybe you guys can check your logs and see if you get the same problem. "Server not responding" at missed heartbeats. Perhaps the problem could be with the matchmaking servers that are missing heartbeats? I could imagine that it happens more with a server from the US since the heartbeats are easier to miss? (I'm imagining the matchmaking servers are in the EU?)

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”