[0.10.0]Filters carry over on logistic chests to storage

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
Balthazar
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

[0.10.0]Filters carry over on logistic chests to storage

Post by Balthazar »

Found a small one; when you place a storage chest on a requester chest the filters are carried over to the storage chest. It still accepts everything tho, would be nice if we could actually filter them so you can have multiple items in your drone net without clogging all the chests with coal or something silly.
Attachments
filterbug.jpg
filterbug.jpg (308.68 KiB) Viewed 1780 times

MF-
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.10.0]Filters carry over on logistic chests to storage

Post by MF- »

I don't get how the weird-coloured picture related to the bug.

Suggestion: A "Before", "After" and "Long time After" picture

Balthazar
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Balthazar »

What do you mean weird coloured?

The picture shows a storage chest with a filter for copper ore, that's not supposed to be there.

EDIT:

Let me try to explain this again. When you place a chest over another type of chest the new chest replaces the old one. When you do this with a storage (yellow) chest on a requester (blue) chest it keeps the filter from the blue chest for the yellow one, which doesn't do anything.

MF-
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by MF- »

EDIT: Ignore the tone of this post if you can. It's not meant to say anything even remotely similar to "I know what's the best and if you do anything just a little bit differently I'll kill you and your friends and family" :oops:
Balthazar wrote:What do you mean weird coloured?
That the top-left corner that is visible by default really has strange colours.
Partially because I haven't been able to run factorio for half of the versions now,
partially because it seems to be taken at night (a daytime screenshot would be preferred if relevant)
The picture shows a storage chest with a filter for copper ore, that's not supposed to be there.
The important part is the filter configuration, not the storage area layout.
Such picture then doesn't help seeing you didn't do anything wrong, but only confuses.
(A proper picture would instead show the storage chest GUI with the filter set like you describe ... and containing other items)
EDIT:

Let me try to explain this again. When you place a chest over another type of chest the new chest replaces the old one. When you do this with a storage (yellow) chest on a requester (blue) chest it keeps the filter from the blue chest for the yellow one, which doesn't do anything.
Oh, so that's it. (Please DO complain if I got it wrong)
Didn't know you could filter a requester chest (your you mean the items-to-be-requested-list?)

a) Rebuilding a requester chest with a filter into a storage chest preserves the filter information (i.e. allows player to obtain a storage chest w/filter)
b) A filter set in that way doesn't work (And assuming that a filter set on a fresh storage chest works correctly)

Balthazar
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Balthazar »

The important part is the filter configuration, not the storage area layout.
Such picture then doesn't help seeing you didn't do anything wrong, but only confuses.
Yeah you're right, looking at it now it's complete shit, my bad :oops:

Yes, the items to be requested list.
a) is the bug i'm talking about. b) would be a nice feature though.

I think i kind of overcomplicated it, not enough sleep when i made the first post and it got too rambly.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

Hello, the fact that the filters get copied to the storage chest is a bug, and it is fixed for 0.10.1.

The filter in the storage chest had no function or effect.

Filtering storage chests might be a feature in the future, but it will be set differently.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”