[0.10.0] Logistic drones may not deliver 1 item to the user

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
Killili
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[0.10.0] Logistic drones may not deliver 1 item to the user

Post by Killili »

Hi, i have 1 roboport in my player logistic slots but the drones keep delivering 4 ports to me when i dont have any.

I have updated them to carry 4 itmes so the amount is possible but not needed.
Its an old save from 0.9.8.

BurnHard
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.10.0] Logistic drones may not deliver 1 item to the u

Post by BurnHard »

This should be changed, yes.

I have the problem with every other items as well. With eg items that can be stacked to 100 I always can not request more than 90 items, otherwise I will have more than one stack when I have eg 98 items, the bots deliver me 5 items (stack size) I end up with one full stack of 100 items and one new stack with three.

squisher
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by squisher »

i've been debating about posting this in bug reports as well. while not *strictly* a bug, it's one of the most annoying things ever, and seems like it could be a super easy fix to just make logistics deliveries to the player give him exact amounts only. Don't even need to pick a bot to carry less, just pretend the player is "full" and return the excess to storage. (this logic is already in the game, for when the player already is full)

drs9999
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by drs9999 »

I like squisher's approach.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

squisher wrote:i've been debating about posting this in bug reports as well. while not *strictly* a bug, it's one of the most annoying things ever, and seems like it could be a super easy fix to just make logistics deliveries to the player give him exact amounts only. Don't even need to pick a bot to carry less, just pretend the player is "full" and return the excess to storage. (this logic is already in the game, for when the player already is full)
Wow, this is the solution I really like. It could be used for both the player and requester chests. It doesn't require min/max settings for the requests, but doesn't make the bots to be ordered to transport 1 by 1 when the chest is emptied 1 by 1 quickly.

I'm going to implement it now.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

Fixed for 0.10.1 (both player or requester chest).

Tami
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Tami »

What happens, wenn no Storage Chests are available and the Logisticbot has not target to deliver this item?
Second issue will be, if a storage exists and a Provider is in closer range, does it end up in 20 hours, that ill have for example 1000 Engines because 1 Engine gets consumed, 3 Engines gets delivered to a storage chest.

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FishSandwich »

Tami wrote:What happens, wenn no Storage Chests are available and the Logisticbot has not target to deliver this item?
Second issue will be, if a storage exists and a Provider is in closer range, does it end up in 20 hours, that ill have for example 1000 Engines because 1 Engine gets consumed, 3 Engines gets delivered to a storage chest.
The bot will get stuck either floating in the air or above a roboport. These are both problems that already exist and aren't related to this, but should be fixed anyway.

Killili
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Killili »

squisher wrote:i've been debating about posting this in bug reports as well. while not *strictly* a bug, it's one of the most annoying things ever, and seems like it could be a super easy fix to just make logistics deliveries to the player give him exact amounts only. Don't even need to pick a bot to carry less, just pretend the player is "full" and return the excess to storage. (this logic is already in the game, for when the player already is full)
I dont like it it makes the bot travel to my storage chests after he picked up at the production plant. So i end up with stuff all over the place and not in the designated
passiv provider chests in the production zone.

And that behavior needs to be explained to new players because its not very intuitive then.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

Killili wrote:
I dont like it it makes the bot travel to my storage chests after he picked up at the production plant. So i end up with stuff all over the place and not in the designated
passiv provider chests in the production zone.

And that behavior needs to be explained to new players because its not very intuitive then.
Well that is a good point, and maybe, there is easy solution to this too.
It is quite radical, but it would make change overall.

The priority for logistic robots, when they are looking for item to take would be
  • Active provider chest
  • Storage chest
  • Passive provider chest
In other words, storage chest priority would be pushed above the passive provider chest priority.

So in your scenario, they would return 3 iron gears to the storage chest, but the next order would take it from there.

Is there some fundamental problem I don't see with this change?

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Not yet. :) It enhances also the passive provider chest to be really really passive. :)

And I think some sort moments for it: I have a feeling, that we need a fifth chest, something, which can order items from far away, like the requester chest, but which can also release items, if needed and is more near than any other chests. I'm really not sure, but I always fell, there is some link missing.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

drs9999
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by drs9999 »

If you mean far far away then probably trains are the missing link in your setup...

(sorry I could not resist :D)

But more serious, I would say we should wait for 0.10.1 and see how it works out.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Well, I come back to the ideas of different "colored" logistic areas, which can overlap. Some "exchange" between those areas. Maybe that?...
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Killili
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Killili »

kovarex wrote:
Well that is a good point, and maybe, there is easy solution to this too.
It is quite radical, but it would make change overall.

The priority for logistic robots, when they are looking for item to take would be
  • Active provider chest
  • Storage chest
  • Passive provider chest
In other words, storage chest priority would be pushed above the passive provider chest priority.

So in your scenario, they would return 3 iron gears to the storage chest, but the next order would take it from there.

Is there some fundamental problem I don't see with this change?
Hm, i tought it would work like that already. So i'm all for it.

The only point i see is if i manage my production with wires it will not know that there are item in storage somewhere and try to produce them.
But having max 2 times the amount i need is still a better solution than potantialy infinite numbers ;)

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”