[0.15.1] Map generator inconsistent behaviour

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
Boogieman14
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[0.15.1] Map generator inconsistent behaviour

Post by Boogieman14 »

I'm playing around with the Map generator window and noticing some inconsistent and/or counterintuitive behaviour. I'll list some of the steps I tested, bolded the behaviour that seems off to me:

- Paste a map exchange string
- Map seed is filled, resource settings get updated, Preset doesn't move
- Hit Reset button
- Map seed is cleared, resource settings reset, Exchange string doesn't get cleared

- (starting from fresh generator screen)
- Paste a map seed
- switch preset
- map seed gets cleared
I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's the same, but with the letters in the correct order.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.15.1] Map generator inconsistent behaviour

Post by Rseding91 »

Exchange strings don't contain anything about presets since the preset isn't saved in the map either. All presets do is change the rest of the options in a nice packaged way.

As for the exchange string not being cleared when the reset button is used - I'll fix that.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Boogieman14
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.15.1] Map generator inconsistent behaviour

Post by Boogieman14 »

Rseding91 wrote:Exchange strings don't contain anything about presets since the preset isn't saved in the map either. All presets do is change the rest of the options in a nice packaged way.
Right, makes sense. Perhaps a visual indication of this would be to deselect all presets when you enter an exchange string? (but that's category spit 'n shine)
I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's the same, but with the letters in the correct order.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”