[Rseding91] [0.15.37] Game keeps crashing every 10-15 seconds

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
doppelEben
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[Rseding91] [0.15.37] Game keeps crashing every 10-15 seconds

Post by doppelEben »

MY savegame crashed today; and I got a prompt saying I should post the current-log in the forum. Hope I'm in the right place for that, otherwise feel free to move

edit: and the game keeps crashin after 10-15 seconds each time... great -.-' xD

----------------------
edit to bring the infos on first post:
----------------------

I have gathered all configs, mods, most other files from %appdata%/Factorio/ and the savegame in a .zip file, its 500mb so I uploadet it on my webspace; see the link below.

Steps to reproduce the crash:
1. Open Factorio
2. Load Savegame includet in the .zip
3. idle for 15-20 seconds after loading seconds
-> Crash
or 3.1 instant click after loading on an assembling machine
-> Crash
or 3.2 instant click after loading on a chest
-> Crash
or 3.3 click after 10 seconds on a chest / assembler / <any building>
-> Crash

I know it a huge mod-list and the game uses almost all available memory; but so far I played more than 73 hours with almost all of those mods without any crash

edit: oh I forgot the link to the .zip :mrgreen:

http://www.psychopathix.net/Factorio/Factorio-Crash.zip

The .zip contains:
files
Your message contains 73428 characters. The maximum number of allowed characters is 60000. <- so I crop some Mods out :roll: :lol:

for the full list see: http://www.psychopathix.net/Factorio/file-list.txt
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(107.27 KiB) Downloaded 46 times
Last edited by doppelEben on Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [0.15.37] Game keeps crashing every 10-15 seconds

Post by Koub »

[Koub] Post split from 0.15.37 update topic and new topic created in Bug report.
Last line from the logfile :
Please also include the save file(s), any mods you may be using, and any steps you know of to reproduce the crash.
The mod list is in the log, but the savefile is not :).
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

doppelEben
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by doppelEben »

I have gathered all configs, mods, most other files from %appdata%/Factorio/ and the savegame in a .zip file, its 500mb so I uploadet it on my webspace; see the link below.

Steps to reproduce the crash:
1. Open Factorio
2. Load Savegame includet in the .zip
3. idle for 15-20 seconds after loading seconds
-> Crash
or 3.1 instant click after loading on an assembling machine
-> Crash
or 3.2 instant click after loading on a chest
-> Crash
or 3.3 click after 10 seconds on a chest / assembler / <any building>
-> Crash

I know it a huge mod-list and the game uses almost all available memory; but so far I played more than 73 hours with almost all of those mods without any crash

edit: oh I forgot the link to the .zip :mrgreen:

http://www.psychopathix.net/Factorio/Factorio-Crash.zip

The .zip contains:
files
Your message contains 73428 characters. The maximum number of allowed characters is 60000. <- so I crop some Mods out :roll: :lol:

for the full list see: http://www.psychopathix.net/Factorio/file-list.txt
Last edited by doppelEben on Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Koub wrote:[Koub] Post split from 0.15.37 update topic and new topic created in Bug report.
Last line from the logfile :
Please also include the save file(s), any mods you may be using, and any steps you know of to reproduce the crash.
The mod list is in the log, but the savefile is not :).
It specifically says "any mods you may be using" not "a list of any mods you may be using". I want the entire mods folder zipped and included in the bug report. Having to go track down every mod a given report uses is time consuming and troublesome because the player may have changed anything about any of the mods from the versions I find.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

doppelEben
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by doppelEben »

I uploadet all mods within the 500mb .zip file, see my last post

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

doppelEben wrote:I uploadet all mods within the 500mb .zip file, see my last post
Yep I'm downloading it now :)

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [Rseding91] [0.15.37] Game keeps crashing every 10-15 seconds

Post by Rseding91 »

There's something wrong with the mods list you gave me. When I start the game it says it's missing items and wants to disable marathon and functioning.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

I believe I've fixed the problem for 0.16. I think one or more of the mods you're using is calling reset_technology_effects on research completion which is fired inside the reset technology effects function causing an infinite loop.

But, I won't know until I can get a working set of mods. The one you provided is missing several mods that the save says it was using.

doppelEben
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by doppelEben »

Rseding91 wrote:I believe I've fixed the problem for 0.16. I think one or more of the mods you're using is calling reset_technology_effects on research completion which is fired inside the reset technology effects function causing an infinite loop.

But, I won't know until I can get a working set of mods. The one you provided is missing several mods that the save says it was using.
what Oo maybe I missed to select some. I just .zip my whole mods directory and upload it. give me some minutes

===
edit
====

http://www.psychopathix.net/Factorio/mods.zip
mods.zip
- 99 file(s), 731'167'940 Bytes

This .zip contains
files
Rseding91 wrote:There's something wrong with the mods list you gave me. When I start the game it says it's missing items and wants to disable marathon and functioning.

at my place its the following: it removes some technologies and recipes due to some setting-changes (some modules/oils), thats normal. This save worked with the removal earlier today. But I messed up with enemies and stuff and wanted to load this savegame, and the game started to crash

doppelEben
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by doppelEben »

Rseding91 wrote:I believe I've fixed the problem for 0.16. I think one or more of the mods you're using is calling reset_technology_effects on research completion which is fired inside the reset technology effects function causing an infinite loop.

How can I check, which mods are calling reset_technology_effects? So that I could trial'n'error the mods, activate them till I found the evil one, and go ahead with the game. Really need some factorio as occupational therapy :mrgreen:

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

Easiest way I think know of (without extracting all your mods) is to instal Atom open the mods folder up in atom and use find in files which I believe but could be wrong will search inside the zip files for reset_technology

If that doesn't work just extract every mod and find in files

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Actually looking into it more I now see what's broken. The migration logic for prototypes being removed isn't applied correctly for mod references so a recipe you removed (either by removing a mod or updating it) is now invalid and it crashes trying to use it.

I'll fix it for 0.16. Unfortunately to fix it on your end you'd need to remove the mod(s) storing the bad values which is going to break your save file.

doppelEben
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by doppelEben »

Rseding91 wrote:Actually looking into it more I now see what's broken. The migration logic for prototypes being removed isn't applied correctly for mod references so a recipe you removed (either by removing a mod or updating it) is now invalid and it crashes trying to use it.

I'll fix it for 0.16. Unfortunately to fix it on your end you'd need to remove the mod(s) storing the bad values which is going to break your save file.
So that means, maybe I can fix it, when I add the recipes I removed in the mod-settings? Strangely the safe worked the morning before I made the report here, but maybe its really just this 1 setting. Now have to find what I changed at all ahahaha good luck to me :D because now sometimes I dont even come to the prompt whats removed, sometimes it crashes instantly after the load. But maybe thats caused by the 100% memory usage @ only 7.94GB RAM. I dunno.

But thanks for reviewing my case. After work today I will look into it and try to fix the settings/problem.

doppelEben
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by doppelEben »

Rseding91 wrote:Actually looking into it more I now see what's broken. The migration logic for prototypes being removed isn't applied correctly for mod references so a recipe you removed (either by removing a mod or updating it) is now invalid and it crashes trying to use it.

that fixed it. I just added the things I removed earlier in the mods-settings, and voila; can play again; but even had a new bug xD but I will investigate into the circumstances this evening and then report it

doppelEben
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by doppelEben »

I dont know if it helps or if it doesnt matter, but here:

to reproduce the reported bug; I changed all following mod-settings:

settings -> Mods

[basic settings]

(Bio Industries)
Enable the Bio Cannon -> switch to false
Enable the Fuel Production -> switch to false
Enable the Bio Solar Farm -> switch to false
Use Alternative Solar Farm Image -> switch to false
Enable the Bio Accumulator -> switch to false

(Noxys Waterfill)
Green waterfill requires uranium-238 -> switch to false

(Angel's Refining)
Marathon: Buildings Material Multiplier -> set to 2
Marathon: Buildings Buildtime Multiplier -> set to 2

(Bobs Modules)
(Reine Produktivitätsmodule) raw production module -> switch to false
(Reine Geschwindigkeitsmodule) raw speed module -> switch to false

(Marathon Mod Automated)
Multiplier adjustment factor -> set to 0.5

[Map]
no changes

[Player]
no changes

---

after switching the settings back to the opposite (false to true, true to false etc.) my game works again :)

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”