[Rseding91] [for 0.17][0.16.35] Inserting Uranium fuel cell in non reactor fuel slot wrong error

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
PantherX
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

[Rseding91] [for 0.17][0.16.35] Inserting Uranium fuel cell in non reactor fuel slot wrong error

Post by PantherX »

A very minor issue but one I noticed recently when explaining the game to a new player... If you try to insert a Uranium fuel cell into a locomotive you get a warning message to say "The Locomotive can't use Nuclear fuel," however this is technically incorrect as since from 0.16 when the Nuclear fuel item was added, the locomotive can use Nuclear fuel. Therefore, to avoid confusing the player the message really should warn that it is the Uranium fuel cell that it cannot use.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.16.35] Minor locomotive fuel warning issue

Post by bobingabout »

Yes, I've had issues trying to explain the differences between nuclear fuel (the item named this) and nuclear fuel (the nuclear power's item fuel category).
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Aeternus
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.16.35] Minor locomotive fuel warning issue

Post by Aeternus »

Yea, the reactor fuel should really be renamed to "Nuclear Fuel Rod" and the waste material "Spent Nuclear Fuel Rod"
That should clarify it.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.16.35] Inserting Uranium fuel cell in non reactor fuel slot gives wrong error message

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report. We may change the name of the items but not at this stage of 0.16. stabilization.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [Rseding91] [for 0.17][0.16.35] Inserting Uranium fuel cell in non reactor fuel slot wrong error

Post by Rseding91 »

After talking about it more we decided we aren't going to change the names.

The error shows the fuel category name which happens to be chemical for uranium fuel and the error shows the fuel category name not the fuel name.

If we made it show the fuel name you'd get the same error when trying to put uranium fuel into the reactor.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

betrok
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [Rseding91] [for 0.17][0.16.35] Inserting Uranium fuel cell in non reactor fuel slot wrong error

Post by betrok »

Rseding91 wrote:The error shows the fuel category name which happens to be chemical for uranium fuel and the error shows the fuel category name not the fuel name.

If we made it show the fuel name you'd get the same error when trying to put uranium fuel into the reactor.
You could change the fuel category name in this case.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”