[Rseding91] [0.17.31] Crafting Machines not waking after mod setting changed recipe

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
Silari
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[Rseding91] [0.17.31] Crafting Machines not waking after mod setting changed recipe

Post by Silari »

I just completed some edits to a mod that added a setting for whether input ingredients were required for it's recipes. When I turned the setting off, so ingredients were blank, I noticed that one of the machines wasn't producing. I realized it had been input starved before with the setting on, but now with the setting changed it should have been able to run normally. The only way to get it to run was to reset it's recipe, then it worked normally. I would expect that the machine would start running again once the game is loaded, since it is no longer constrained. Oddly enough, its status was displaying as "Working" after load, rather than the input starved message it had before.
assemblerbug.jpg
assemblerbug.jpg (277.13 KiB) Viewed 1315 times
Note that progress bar is completely empty, and it would not move at all.

From a previous thread about 0.12 it seems like a similar case when mods are unloaded gets handled, but a startup setting change apparently doesn't - viewtopic.php?f=11&t=16787&p=115815#p115815
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(7.19 KiB) Downloaded 73 times

TruePikachu
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.17.31] Crafting Machines not waking after mod setting changed recipe

Post by TruePikachu »

I'm not 100% sure, but this is probably considered Not A Bug, unless the startup settings are to be saved in the savegame and migrations applied.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.17.31] Crafting Machines not waking after mod setting changed recipe

Post by Rseding91 »

I guess I can fire reset recipes/technologies on startup settings changing. That would handle this case.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Silari
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [Rseding91] [0.17.31] Crafting Machines not waking after mod setting changed recipe

Post by Silari »

That'd be nice.

I debated reporting it but since a similar issue had been handled AND there was an in-game mismatch between what the machine was actually doing and the status it reported, figured I should.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”