Queued crafting items getting eaten by other items.

Place to discuss the game balance, recipes, health, enemies mining etc.
BrickVoidFCT
Inserter
Inserter

Queued crafting items getting eaten by other items.

Post by BrickVoidFCT »

let's say I queue up 10 pipes and then decide I also want an underground pipe section, what happens is that the 10 pipes I have already selected to craft will get eaten by the recipe requiring the underground pipe section. It would be nice if there was a config option to turn off eating items already queued up, particularly in early-game where you need to queue up a lot of similar components. It's not easy for me to reverse-order what I want ahead of time and figure out at the same time what items will get eaten by other items, that is rather complicated to figure out.

I'd therefore like to see implemented a crafting mode whereby Factorio doesn't assume you ordered the items it needed for a different recipe yourself, it assumes that you actually wanted the items you ordered it to build and it has to account for all of the items it needs to craft by adding them to the queue for crafting instead of taking from existing crafting jobs.

This would of course mean that Factorio has to account differently for material costs associated with crafting items but that's a given.

Am I missing something and this option is already in the game? I haven't seen anything like it in the options section.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Queued crafting items getting eaten by other items.

Post by Koub »

Hi,

You're just missing ... a search on the forum about crafting queue :).
This is where you can find most of the numerous topics created by people on the subject, compiled, with a summary for the devs made by Ssilk : https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... eue#p79097
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

bobucles
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Queued crafting items getting eaten by other items.

Post by bobucles »

Set up 2 assemblers that craft pipes into underground pipes, then store the excess pipes. Never worry about it again.

Return to “Balancing”