Stopping inserters from filling up vehicle trunks.

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
saltyspecula
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Stopping inserters from filling up vehicle trunks.

Post by saltyspecula »

Hey guys! Loving this game so far even though I'm still in my first game. Right now I'm at the point of attempting to automate most things and right now, I'm constructing a tank rearm/repair/refuel bay where I drive in and my inserters (and soon construction droids for repair) will handle everything. However, currently the only problem I have is that once the active slots for fuel and ammo are filled, the inserters will start jamming the rest into the trunk of the tank. Is there any way to stop that so they only fill up the active slots of a vehicle?

Eumenides
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Stopping inserters from filling up vehicle trunks.

Post by Eumenides »

Had the exact same problem and got the answer here from Orzelek
https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... 96&t=14563
orzelek wrote:
Eumenides wrote:I noticed in one of your videoes that your rail wagons had slots reserved for specific items.
Example: Wagon has 30 slots, 15 are reserved for straigth rails, 5 for curved, 5 for big poles, 3 for rail signals and last 2 for rail change signals.

I have tryed to find out how to do that in the game and I have tryed checking your list of mods to see if any of those has this feature implemented.
Please let me know how to get this feature

Bimme/Eumenides
Click with middle mouse button on a slot in wagon to set a filter. To remove one use ctrl + middle click. This is a base game functionality for wagons.
What this will do is to reserve slots for only that item. Now if you have slots in the wagon which isn't reserved for anything, then those will still be filled with ammo and fuel, so all slots in wagon has to be reserved :-(

P.S. I only use it for trainwagons and my trains are 4-8 wagon long so I just reserve all slots in most of them and leave 1-2 wagons with no slots reserved, that way I can always offload different stuff there, like trees and stuff from an outpost being decomissioned.

Bimme/Eumenides

saltyspecula
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by saltyspecula »

Thanks for the suggestion, but I was asking about for a tank not a wagon. This doesn't work on tanks. =\

DaveMcW
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by DaveMcW »

It does if you upgrade to version 0.12.

Return to “Gameplay Help”