Biter (and other enemy) behavior question

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Targa
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Biter (and other enemy) behavior question

Post by Targa »

Hey all. I was under the assumption (wrong now, I know), that unless enemy nests were within your pollution cloud, or very close to the edge of it, that they wouldn't attack your base. In my current game I don't have any biter bases that close (there was one, but I killed it). Yet I still occasionally get attacked. The console says their evolution is at 0.164 (I've only ever seen small biters and worms so far). So my question is, how far away from my base and outposts do I need to clear before I get to the point where they stop attacking? Do they have a "maximum travel distance from nest"? Or will I get random attacks no matter what? Thanks!

DaveMcW
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Biter (and other enemy) behavior question

Post by DaveMcW »

They will send out groups to colonize empty areas of the map.

To see where they want to go, press F4 -> always -> show_enemy_expansion_candidate_chunks.

MalcolmCooks
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by MalcolmCooks »

Also: If they have established a nest underneath your pollution cloud, it won't show up on your map until your radars have re-scanned that area, which can take a very long time

Targa
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Targa »

MalcolmCooks wrote:Also: If they have established a nest underneath your pollution cloud, it won't show up on your map until your radars have re-scanned that area, which can take a very long time
Bingo! Little suckers snuck in under the radar. Thanks!

Return to “Gameplay Help”