Trainsetup . Problem to understand why it does not work.

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
KuniXl
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Trainsetup . Problem to understand why it does not work.

Post by KuniXl »

First. This is the first time I am trying to get a little test trainsystem to work. I attached a picture of my system in the attachment.
I do have 3 trains: 1, 2, 3.
I do have 3 stops: A, B, C.
1 drives between A and C.
2 between A and B.
3 between B and C.

1 and 3 can't find a path. Why?
Anyone can help me?
Attachments
problemmarked.PNG
problemmarked.PNG (2.49 MiB) Viewed 2147 times

hitzu
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Trainsetup . Problem to understand why it does not work.

Post by hitzu »

You have unpaired chain signal in the middle of every junction that prevent trains to enter to spurs.

AlyxDeLunar
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by AlyxDeLunar »

I think the problem here is that the rail signals are on the wrong side (or you need them on both sides, I'm no train expert).

Any relevant signal/train stop needs to be on the right side from where the train is going. In this example, when your trains are going down the signal they pay attention to will be on the left side of the rail. When they're going right, the signals should be on the bottom.

In this case, train 2 needs to get to where train 3 is sitting. Because there aren't any signals giving it the go-ahead, it sits where it is at, and I think the trains always register a conflict on the rail.

More smarter people than I will likely chime in with more concrete advice on fixing it.
Sometimes humorous, usually congenial. Always Alyx.

My Stuff:
Lunar's Factorio Mod Manager

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

ya as hitzu said the chain signal the is on the north south track is the issue as its only allowing trains to go south but the trains are trying to go north thru that area. best guess to fix it. add a secound chain signal to the right side. probably need to move the regular signal on the right side for it to fit

KuniXl
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by KuniXl »

Okay, now it works. I removed the blocking chain signal. Placed 2 signals at the entrance of the station. Replaced the right signal with a chain signal, so a train from east can't block the train inside the station anymore. Did the same with the bottm left signal since a train which is coming from west drives into the junction and blocks the train from the station which wants to go east.

There is one thing to mention. I should place each station a little bit further away from each other, because 2-4-2 trains are too long and can cause a deadlock. This shouldn't be a problem because I don't plan to send trains from 1 to 2, 2 to 3, ... . Obviously those stations will be unloading stations and trains should go back to an outpost.
Attachments
works.PNG
works.PNG (2.39 MiB) Viewed 2085 times

Return to “Gameplay Help”