Gunturret tooltip unclear + resistance mechanics

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Jupiter
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Gunturret tooltip unclear + resistance mechanics

Post by Jupiter »

I have some questions regarding damage and turrets

The tooltip of the gunturret says that is has a shooting speed of: "10 + 10/s"
What do both numbers mean? Why are there 2 numbers at all? Are both numbers affected equally by shootingspeed upgrades?

The tooltips of the piercing magazine says it deals a damage of: "5 + 3 physical"
Again, why 2 numbers? Are both numbers affected equally by damage upgrades?

The same applies for other turret types and ammo types. The wiki shows just one of the numbers for both the turret and magazine.

I also wondered how resistances work. I read something about it before and I thought that it worked like this:
The resistance (for a particular damage type like physical) has 2 numbers. a flat one and a %. If you deal x physical damage then the resultant damage is:

Code: Select all

net_dmg = max[x - flat_resistance, x * (1 - %_resistance)]
So only one of them applies, which ever gives the highest damage reduction. Unfortunately I don't remember where I got this info from.

But according to the wiki it works like this:

Code: Select all

net_dmg = (x - flat_resistance) *  (1 - %_resistance)
Where the case that flat_resistance >= x is handled a bit differently but that's not important.

For all I know the wiki might not be up-to-date on this so does anyone know for sure how this works?

Deadly-Bagel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Gunturret tooltip unclear + resistance mechanics

Post by Deadly-Bagel »

Flat resistance is applied first, then percentage, both are taken into account.

Also the second number in damage and shooting speed IS the bonus. So if you have a damage of 10 (+22) then your total damage bonus amounts to 22 damage and the weapon will deal 32 damage per hit.
Money might be the root of all evil, but ignorance is the heart.

Jupiter
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Gunturret tooltip unclear + resistance mechanics

Post by Jupiter »

Deadly-Bagel wrote:Flat resistance is applied first, then percentage, both are taken into account.

Also the second number in damage and shooting speed IS the bonus. So if you have a damage of 10 (+22) then your total damage bonus amounts to 22 damage and the weapon will deal 32 damage per hit.
Ah oke. It's clear now thanks

Return to “Gameplay Help”