Decider Combinator

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Exorion
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Decider Combinator

Post by Exorion »

Hi,

I'm struggling with something probably really simple to make. I installed a mod to void some items, it's a simple void chest. I also have a constant input of coal stone etc into my logistic network, and what I'm trying to do is :
If i have more than X coal, set the request of a Request Chest to the overflow of coal.

Right now I have a Decider Combinator that is set to coal > 3000 for input and coal input count for output. There is a red cable from a pole that's connected to the logistic network to the combinator's input, and another red cable from the combinator output to the request chest.

Can someone explain me how to fix that please ?

Thanks
Sorry about my english, I'm French.

Shokubai
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Decider Combinator

Post by Shokubai »

Little confused on what you are trying to accomplish. You are trying to throw away extra coal...intentionally?

paouk
Inserter
Inserter

Post by paouk »

Hi
Exorion wrote:Right now I have a Decider Combinator that is set to coal > 3000 for input and coal input count for output. There is a red cable from a pole that's connected to the logistic network to the combinator's input, and another red cable from the combinator output to the request chest.
It should work. Make sure you're setting up circuit network config for the requester chest. Its default setup is to read its contents, it should now be set to "set request" or something (sorry but i play the game in my language and i'm not sure how it say that in english).

Also note that when the coal count is >3000 the requester chest starts requesting 3000 .
If you want it requesting the surplus X=TOT-3000, you could replace the decider combinator with am Arithmetic one, set up that output "coal" on condition "Input Coal Count - 3000". The requester chest won't request negative value and it will start requesting 1,2,3... coal when the count on the input chest will be more than 3000 ;)
Rome, Italy, Europe, Planet Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Orion–Cygnus Arm, Milky Way, Known Universe
(forgive me for eventually bad english, i'm trying my best)

urza99814
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by urza99814 »

Could do it with just a constant combinator too. Assuming you've got the total count of coal already coming into your request chest, just add a second wire going to a constant combinator set to negative 3000 coal. You don't need a decider because the request chest won't request a negative value, and you don't need an arithmetic combinator because any two connected wires automatically sum their values

Return to “Gameplay Help”