0.17 research queue not working for me

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
zOldBulldog
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

0.17 research queue not working for me

Post by zOldBulldog »

I know that you need to have launched at least one rocket to get the feature, and I launched hundreds (thousands?) before 0.17. But I still cannot get the queue to work.

Is there a special key combination needed to queue up research?

Or does the launch need to be in 0.17 to count?

Or does the queue only get enabled after the map's first launch (which would be quite stupid and defeat the whole advantage of having a queue)?

So... what am I doing wrong?

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: 0.17 research queue not working for me

Post by Koub »

If you have started a new map on 0.17, have you activated the feature upon generating your map ? There's an advanced option to activate research queue from start.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

zOldBulldog
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by zOldBulldog »

Koub wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:33 am
If you have started a new map on 0.17, have you activated the feature upon generating your map ? There's an advanced option to activate research queue from start.
You have to activate? That totally defeats the purpose of having the queue if there is a requirement that you launched a rocket. The setting should default to off if you have not launched and on if you did.

Smells like a bug... At least if you want it to follow common sense or be intuitive.

In any case... too late now :P

mergele
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by mergele »

It's on a per-base basis.
So not "have you ever launched a rocket?" but "have you launched a rocket this game already?".
And the default is that research queue gets activated once you have launched a rocket, you switch it so that the queue is there from the start.

zOldBulldog
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by zOldBulldog »

mergele wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:07 pm
It's on a per-base basis.
So not "have you ever launched a rocket?" but "have you launched a rocket this game already?".
And the default is that research queue gets activated once you have launched a rocket, you switch it so that the queue is there from the start.
ROFL, if that is how it was designed, it is very lame (enough that I thought it was broken or I did not understand its use). The whole point of the research queue is to make research easier, and once you launched the rocket... it is not much help as the only research you might do is space science based.

It is quite silly to expect players on their 2nd and later New Game starts to change the settings on each and every start. It basically tells us "don't rely on the default settings because they are poorly chosen, pick your own".

Of course, it would be a whole different thing if the game remembered your New Game settings (separately for each preset) from one game to the next. Then you would set them once and forget... as in "user friendly" :shock:

GrumpyJoe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by GrumpyJoe »

zOldBulldog wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:29 pm

Of course, it would be a whole different thing if the game remembered your New Game settings (separately for each preset) from one game to the next. Then you would set them once and forget... as in "user friendly" :shock:
A preset like "death world" or "rail world", but user configured, has been requested previously, and i would love that

Return to “Gameplay Help”