need help with a combinator indicator set up

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
lowrider001
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

need help with a combinator indicator set up

Post by lowrider001 »

so i want to set up a light that will turn on if the batteries charge to 100% the day before so i can tell if i need to add more solar panels or not to my electrical grid and i want the light to say on for one day in game if the batteries did hit 100% charge. i cant see it being hard for anyone that understands all of this stuff but i have yet to wrap my head around anything more than if/than situations. not sure how to make it remember for x amount of time if x accrued

darkfrei
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: need help with a combinator indicator set up

Post by darkfrei »

lowrider001 wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 11:18 am
so i want to set up a light that will turn on if the batteries charge to 100% the day before
How about this solution?
https://factorioprints.com/view/-Kq89wNAxtJAcgnJ90yD
https://www.reddit.com/r/factorio/comme ... ven_value/

lowrider001
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by lowrider001 »

well that is awesome but i dont have room where i have in mind where to put this lol just need a simple light that stays on when the batteries hit 100% in a single day cycle. plus i dont have the roboports or suits yet so i need to create it by hand so not looking for something so complex yet.

darkfrei
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by darkfrei »

First, you are need the timer for 25000 ticks: https://wiki.factorio.com/Time
This timer must reset itself and make the signal that it's a new day.

SyncViews
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SyncViews »

So a useful combinator feature to remember here is you can connect an output back to an input, and it will update once per tick (60 times a second).

So if you were to have a constant "1" and a decider combinator set to "input count" it will start with that one then add one every tick.

Accumulators output up to 100 based on their charge percentage, so use that as the decider condition "< 100", it will now count up as long as not charged then reset to 1.

Then there are 25,000 ticks in a game day, so can set a condition on a lamp to "<= 25,000", the light will go off if a day passes without that 100% reset. You can also have say a speaker alarm on say a "> 25,000" condition, or maybe multiple days "> 50,000" etc.

Be aware though that circuits do need power, it will count slower (or even stop) if not enough power, so you might give it its own tiny solar+accumulator.

Attachments
temp.png
temp.png (706.82 KiB) Viewed 1401 times

Return to “Gameplay Help”