Copper wires

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Jayjaxx
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Copper wires

Post by Jayjaxx »

I'm try'n to set up an automated research system and i have the red ones but not the green currently i'm just making the circuits myself and not i nor assembly machines can craft straight up copper cables for the circuits help plz

-Jay

Nirahiel
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Copper wires

Post by Nirahiel »

Use an assembly machine for cables, and another one to turn cables + plates into circuits

Dakkanor
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Dakkanor »

wait, do you mean you can't find copper wires in the crafting menu?

third tab of the menu and it should be the first item.

n9103
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by n9103 »

There's no good reason that you shouldn't be able to craft the copper cables yourself though. (they're under the power tab)
Sounds like something's glitched if you genuinely can't craft cables (or things that use them)
Colonel Failure wrote:You can lose your Ecologist Badge quite quickly once you get to the point of just being able to murder them willy-nilly without a second care in the world.

ficolas
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by ficolas »

Can you explain better why you cant??
Provide an screenshoot maybe or something.

Nirahiel
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Nirahiel »

Oh !! I think I know, when he clicks manually on a circuit, it takes copper and iron, autocrafts the cables before crafting the circuit. Cause in the crafting window it says "total raw : iron, copper", I think he wants the assembling machine to do the same.
And no, you can't do that, you can't provide copper and iron to the assembling machine and expect it to create wires before creating circuits, you need 2 distinct assembling machines, one that makes wires out of copper and one to turn those wires + iron plates into circuits.

Return to “Gameplay Help”