Outpost resupply and robots.

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
billw
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Outpost resupply and robots.

Post by billw »

I want to have automatic resupply of bots to my outposts, as my construction bots get destroyed fairly often. How can I limit the number of bots in a network? At the moment, for my other resupply needs, I use a filter insert to take from a train into a supply crate with a logistics condition to limit the amounts. But with bots I need to take them out of the train, and then load them into a roboport. At that point they exit the logistics system so it appears there are less available. The result is it will just keep loading robots until it runs out.

johanwanderer
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Outpost resupply and robots.

Post by johanwanderer »

I don't think you can do that quite yet. At least not until the sensors stuff can report the number of robots in the network.

SpeedDaemon
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by SpeedDaemon »

Do your outposts also need logistics bots? If not, you could try blocking up all but one roboport slot with a single logistics bot. Doesn't solve the problem, but at least limits things to 50 per roboport, which probably isn't bad if you really are losing them regularly. Then just set up your smart inserter to not unload if there are any at all in the logistics net.

billw
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by billw »

Good idea, thanks!

Return to “Gameplay Help”