Can I copy paste building groups?

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Mendel
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Can I copy paste building groups?

Post by Mendel »

Okay so in one corner of my base I´ve made a block of several manufacturing plants, inserters, power lines and belts, it was pretty compact as such. The point was to make a blue science bottle. I needed quite a few buildings for that. I planned it such that it was all on one side of my major resource belt. Then I mirrored the design of that whole block and made all those buildings, power lines and inserters again on the other side of the major resource belt.

Now it is a lot of tinkering around to place all those buildings, power lines and inserters and I thought to my self: now I´m making two blue bottles at the same time, but I have building groups that make many more red and green bottles at the same time already and I have a lot of excess red and green bottles as well as that Im swimming in purple bottles.

I am limited by my blue bottle production and I want to make much more of them but it is so exhausting to set up all those buildings... I wish I could just copy and paste the groups of buildings I now have and quickly set up duplicate blue bottle production building groups now that I have it all planned... provided I have the resources of course...

is this possible in some way?

OBAMA MCLAMA
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Can I copy paste building groups?

Post by OBAMA MCLAMA »

yes, there is an item in the game called "blueprint" , its a blue square. should be in the 2nd tab? first row.

You can select a square to "copy" then you can "stamp" the blueprint in another location. It place's a ghost of the blueprint for 5 minutes. Right-click removes it.
Your construction robots will automatically place buildings for your if its inside your zone, but without that, you will have to manually place the buildings.
When i stream twitch i always answer questions and try to help, come visit me.

Mendel
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Can I copy paste building groups?

Post by Mendel »

Oh I see. I was too scared to try the robots thing so far and also I seemed to have multiple robot related things researched but didnt find yet how to actually make the robots themselves but I will try and figure it out. (I actually managed to launch the rocket too after a looong game of slow researching and no robots. Maybe I should try another run where I use the blueprints and robots then :) )

Return to “Gameplay Help”