Could use help with this train station

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Beeblebrox
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Could use help with this train station

Post by Beeblebrox »

Is this the right idea or is it best to just start fresh? I've read many of the tutorials and posts on the subject but I'm still confused obviously ... I'm guessing two unloading stations on the same line was a bad idea. Thanks for any suggestions you can provide (particularly with signal placement if the circuit is even salvageable).
PB
Attachments
TrainWreckWaitingToHappen.PNG
TrainWreckWaitingToHappen.PNG (3.24 MiB) Viewed 1543 times

Shokubai
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Could use help with this train station

Post by Shokubai »

I don't see any major issues immediately.

You probably should use chain signals before you junctions and regular signals after so trains don't stop somewhere in the middle of the junction.

The third and fourth Horizontal rail section look like two way rail??? If so I would make all of the ways in and ways out one way. All trains enter on side A(Right side it looks?) and Exit on side B(Left Side maybe).

I don't know how many trains you plan to have come through there but if you have more trains than stations, make sure you have enough extra track without junctions for trains to wait to enter.

Beeblebrox
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Could use help with this train station

Post by Beeblebrox »

Yes! Perfect. I made the modifications you suggested. Works ok afaik. Just went a little crazy with chain signals there on the left. Spattered them everywhere until stuff stopped blinking. Thank you!
Attachments
ImprovedTrainWreck.PNG
ImprovedTrainWreck.PNG (4.53 MiB) Viewed 1439 times

Return to “Gameplay Help”