Read requests from logistic network

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Spaceroks
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Read requests from logistic network

Post by Spaceroks »

Is it possible to read outstanding requests from the logistic network into the circuit network?

I'm currently trying to connect two distant logistic networks via trains and a circuit network

fractalman
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Read requests from logistic network

Post by fractalman »

Spaceroks wrote:Is it possible to read outstanding requests from the logistic network into the circuit network?

I'm currently trying to connect two distant logistic networks via trains and a circuit network

Well, what you can do is move stuff if the destination's chests are at <X items, but I don't think there's a general-purpose way to turn #itemsrequested into a circuit network signal.

ChurchOrganist
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ChurchOrganist »

If you connect a wire to a roboport you can read the contents of the logistic network it belongs to.

So if you used red wire for your first logistic network and green wire for your second you could read the total amounts of items in the different logistic networks into the circuit network and act upon them accordingly.

NB You will need to connect the roboport to a power pole to achieve this.
Want to know where the biters chewing your power plant have come from??
Wondering where your next iron is going to come from??
You need Long Range Radar

Deadly-Bagel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadly-Bagel »

The logistic network is all about storage. It stores a buffer and you can read 'requests' when the buffer drops below a threshold.

If you want a pure supply-demand system you're better off wiring the chests and inserters directly. Much more complicated but that's what you pay in when removing buffers =P
Money might be the root of all evil, but ignorance is the heart.

Return to “Gameplay Help”