Decider Combinators - sending ore signals as non-ore signals

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
SquarelyCircle
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Decider Combinators - sending ore signals as non-ore signals

Post by SquarelyCircle »

I've got two boxes with iron ore in them, and I'm trying to equalize their contents. I've set up combinators that read their contents and then, supposedly, should be outputting a "green" signal for the one on the left equal to its input count, and a "yellow" signal for the one on the right equal to its input count. I then have a decider that compares which signal is greater. The logic makes sense to me, but I'm clearly doing something wrong.
When I hook them up to an electric line, no signal is presented. I can set them to output iron ore, but no other kind of signal - I can't even tell them to call one copper ore and one iron ore.. Is there some way to overcome this so that I can compare the contents of the two boxes?

Thanks for the advice in advance. I found a lot of guides about combinators that were way over my head, so I'm hoping there's a simple solution to this problem.

DaveMcW
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Decider Combinators - sending ore signals as non-ore signals

Post by DaveMcW »

Decider combinators can't rename signals. Use an arithmetic combinator to do that.

SquarelyCircle
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Decider Combinators - sending ore signals as non-ore signals

Post by SquarelyCircle »

DaveMcW wrote:Decider combinators can't rename signals. Use an arithmetic combinator to do that.
Thanks very much! :)

Return to “Gameplay Help”