On 0.15, too less uranium ore generation on existing map

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
AcThPaU
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

On 0.15, too less uranium ore generation on existing map

Post by AcThPaU »

[Moved from General]

Hi

I updated to 0.15 but I don't want to abandon my factory so I just load the map from 0.14.

Uranium ore was found after loading, but there's way too less uranium ore deposit.

Is there a way to change the richness/size/frequency of uranium ore ? Well that's a stupid question, there certainly is and dev used it to put in uranium the first place.

After taking a look at the hex of save file, I found auto-place scripts on all resources injected at some point. (my theory is the scripts was injected upon map generation, but the uranium ore script was injected upon updating)

So, dev can you post your script on uranium ore generation here so that I can modify it and execute it in my save again ? That should override the existing script and affect uranium ore generation in newly discovered area.

And no RSO please, I don't want to mess up the whole thing.

Phasma Felis
Inserter
Inserter

Re: On 0.15, too less uranium ore generation on existing map

Post by Phasma Felis »

That would be cool :) I was hoping to be able to set uranium to low-frequency like I did for my other resources.

Nemoricus
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Nemoricus »

AcThPaU wrote:[Moved from General]
Is there a way to change the richness/size/frequency of uranium ore ? Well that's a stupid question, there certainly is and dev used it to put in uranium the first place.
You can change the richness and frequency through the same option menu as other resources.

AcThPaU
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by AcThPaU »

Nemoricus wrote:
AcThPaU wrote:[Moved from General]
You can change the richness and frequency through the same option menu as other resources.
It's mid game.

AcThPaU
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by AcThPaU »

I found a piece of code in resource.lua

autoplace =
{
control = "uranium-ore",
sharpness = 1,
richness_multiplier = 3000,
richness_multiplier_distance_bonus = 40,
richness_base = 500,
coverage = 0.01,
peaks =
{
{
noise_layer = "uranium-ore",
noise_octaves_difference = -1.5,
noise_persistence = 0.3,
},
},
starting_area_size = 600 * 0.005,
starting_area_amount = 600
},

It looks like default setting, there is a richness_multiplier, but there is nothing for it to multiply since the map does not contain richness information of uranium.

So I must find a way to inject the relevant information in to save.... May be there is a map generation script that contain these things...

Well, I'm no programmer... and I just don't have the time to work it out...

Return to “Gameplay Help”