How to use logistic chest ?

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Hellatze
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

How to use logistic chest ?

Post by Hellatze »

I got confused. I finished the game without use that box. (Got achivement for it)

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: How to use logistic chest ?

Post by Loewchen »

Logistic chests are a category not an entity so the question is quite general, best look up a tutorial or the wiki.

Mr. Tact
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Mr. Tact »

Logistic chests are special chests which can interact with the logistic/robotic network. They are required to have a useful, effective robotic network.
Professional Curmudgeon since 1988.

Kyralessa
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Kyralessa »

In a nutshell:

Blue chest - Use for requesting items, e.g. for an assembler. Robots will try to find these items and put them in the blue chest, which the assembler can then pull out with an inserter.

Red chest - Use to deposit what the assembler makes. Robots will take these if they're needed elsewhere.

Purple chest - Use to deposit what the assembler makes if you want to make an infinite number of them. Robots will prioritize taking things out of a purple chest; they'll try to always keep it as empty as possible.

Yellow chest - Use to give the robots general storage. If a robot needs to put something somewhere and there are no blue chests requesting it, it'll use a yellow chest to store it. Robots will also pull items out of these yellow chests to supply blue chests.

iceman_1212
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by iceman_1212 »

Purple (active providers) chests can be used sparingly. I use them with unbarreling assemblers (so that these empty barrels get priority over those barrels that are made from steel), at my omni station for my make-everything factory (because I don't want the train stop to get backed up by one resource, which would prevent other resources from coming in) and for receiving the output of my module 3 assemblers (self explanatory). In 99% of situations, passive providers + requesters is the optimal pairing.

Return to “Gameplay Help”