Need help laying this out

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Xterminator
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Need help laying this out

Post by Xterminator »

So I'm in a bit of a pickle in terms of laying something out in my newest game. I suck at making decisions and really don't now which way would be best for my current use and long term use. So I would like some other opinions. :)
Attaching a screenshot with it all the way zoomed out. Basically I don't know if I should set up my iron/copper smelting areas over by my steam engines in that big open area and then transport the finished plates upward (north?) to be used with all my other production. Or if I should still have the smelting up there, but face it the opposite direction and transport it through that little gap in between those too bodies of water, and down into that other open space, and make the lower space all my other production.

My main concern with have it all kept in that top area is that I will quite quickly run out of room, unless I clear that huge forest to the left of that one wall, which I would like to avoid for as long as possible as to keep the pollution down. It seems to make a little more sense to transport the finished plates down, as per the second option, but then my concern is that all my other production is quite a ways away. Lol
I am just trying to think long term and what would work best layout wise. If anyone has any suggestions, even if it isn't one of the two ideas I had, please let me know! :)

Screenshot:
http://imgur.com/vozk0kr
Image Image Image

DaveMcW
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Need help laying this out

Post by DaveMcW »

To the west is a bunch of resources and small biter nests. To the east is no resources and huge biter nests. Seems pretty obvious which direction you should go.

Don't worry about killing trees or polluting, worry about getting defenses up and reaching laser turrets.

Return to “Gameplay Help”