Early game big worms

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Crow Sirloin
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Early game big worms

Post by Crow Sirloin »

so I just started a new run I've been playing for quite a while and I haven't started oil production because I couldn't find any, but then I found some oil but there was a massive enemy base, I cleared out most of it and got stuck when I had to try to kill a big worm, I'm still early game so I don't have tanks or rocket launchers, any suggestions on what I could do to get rid of the big worm?

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Early game big worms

Post by BlueTemplar »

Ah yeah, that's a hard one... last time I just gave up trying to kill them without oil...
What I would have tried now is to use car/train as extra protection.
Also if there aren't too many of them, in 0.17 you can try to dodge their spit !
BobDiggity (mod-scenario-pack)

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

If you have only worms left, grenade + running in random directions to avoid spit should work.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

BlakeMW
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by BlakeMW »

With their 10 armor, your two best options are:

1. Grenades
2. Piercing ammo fired from a turret with all the pre-military projectile damage upgrades (11.5 damage/bullet). Try and distract the Big Worm by dancing in front of the turrets.

For future reference, it's not a bad idea to drop a turret on the nearest oil patch as soon as you have turrets, because expansion nests can be much nastier than the pre-spawned nests, but the spawn parties themselves are very easily eliminated by a turret.

Return to “Gameplay Help”