How to empty pipes already assigned to a fluid/gas?

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
kurtzilla
Inserter
Inserter

How to empty pipes already assigned to a fluid/gas?

Post by kurtzilla »

I have a problem where I had setup a pipe network and now have changed my mind as to the fluid a particular set of pipes should carry. Problem is that I can't figure out how to completely empty the pipes and re-use the same pipe network. Is my only recourse to delete all the pipes and re-construct them?

Any tips on how to do this?

wobbycarly
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: How to empty pipes already assigned to a fluid/gas?

Post by wobbycarly »

kurtzilla wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:10 am
Any tips on how to do this?
Robots :) I agree this is a bit of an issue with the way pipes are "assigned" a fluid.

DaleStan
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DaleStan »

If the pipes are empty, remove or unassign all sources feeding into the pipes and all destinations consuming from the pipes. Then build new sources and destinations. (This step is new for 0.17)

If the pipes aren't empty, pump the fluid into a tank, or just delete all the pipes. Then note that the pump is a destination consuming fluid, and see the first step. (This step is exactly the same as it was in 0.16.)

Ultros
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Ultros »

From my experience, pumping out the fluid is hit or miss, and the only way to be sure is to rebuild the entire pipe network.

Return to “Gameplay Help”