[YouTube] Simple Tips/Tutorials For Beginners

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Xterminator
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[YouTube] Simple Tips/Tutorials For Beginners

Post by Xterminator »

Hey folks,

I noticed that with the influx of new players (or really any time new people join), there seems to be several common questions that are asked again and again. This is not a bad thing at all, but after noticing them multiple times, I figured that these must be issues that pretty much every new player has when they get the game. I had these exact same problems and questions where I first started too...
So I put together a video going over and answering the most frequently asked questions that I see from beginners in Factorio. :)
When I got the game and started playing, I had a lot of these issues and confusion, and it would of been really helpful to me if I could of just watched a video to answer pretty much all of the basic ones. So I'm hoping that this video can fulfill that same purpose for you all, and is helpful! :D

So here you guys, I hope you enjoy. And if you have any further questions or feedback, please don't hesitate to post below, or in the comments of the video, and I will try to answer any questions the best I can. Or this great community can chime in too.
http://youtu.be/VGtmC2gNczw

P.S. Please excuse the multiple "uhhs.." in the video. Tutorial and guide videos are not really my main type of content, and I have only done a few before so my commentary isn't quite what it normally is. Thanks!
Image Image Image

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [YouTube] Simple Tips/Tutorials For Beginners

Post by ssilk »

About inserters putting the items always on left side: it's not so. ;)

See https://forums.factorio.com/wiki/inde ... port_belts

... The third picture there.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Xterminator
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [YouTube] Simple Tips/Tutorials For Beginners

Post by Xterminator »

Oh wow thanks for pointing that out. :) I had no idea it worked that way.
I'll make a comment on the video correcting that.
Image Image Image

Return to “Gameplay Help”